Watch Repairs Help & Advice

If you are a new member, we would consider it polite for you to introduce yourself here before posting your questions ;)

Need help with your watch repair? Then post your watch repair questions here. Photographs allowed and encouraged. Please UP vote the most useful answers and if someone has helped you, don't forget to click 'like' on their post.

Explore Questions

There are no popular questions to show right now

1. 0 votes
    2 answers
  2. 0 votes
    2 answers
  3. 0 votes
    2 answers
  4. 0 votes
    1 answer
  5. Movement identification

Asked by AlexeiJ1,

0 votes
    3 answers

6,174 questions in this forum

1. Tips for polishing hands etc..

0 votes
    20 answers
  2. Cannon Pinion problem.

0 votes
    4 answers
  3. 0 votes
    11 answers
  4. Tag watch

0 votes
    4 answers
  5. Hands out of sync

0 votes
    9 answers
  6. Eta 2824-2

0 votes
    14 answers
  7. 0 votes
    10 answers
  8. 0 votes
    14 answers
  9. 0 votes
    9 answers
  10. Lubricating pallet jewels?

0 votes
    5 answers
  11. 0 votes
    6 answers
  12. Oily hazy film under crystal.

0 votes
    7 answers
  13. 0 votes
    9 answers
  14. 0 votes
    29 answers
  15. Simple troubleshooting???

0 votes
    1 answer
  16. Balance No Swing

0 votes
    7 answers
  17. Swiss pocket watch

0 votes
    0 answers
  18. 0 votes
    13 answers
  19. 0 votes
    31 answers
  20. Help with glass/ bezel

0 votes
    8 answers
  21. Longines

0 votes
    14 answers
  22. Seiko 7S26

0 votes
    2 answers
  23. 2836 Stops After Two Days

0 votes
    10 answers
  24. 0 votes
    10 answers
  25. Disassemble Doxa Dial

0 votes
    61 answers
  • Recent Topics

• I just wrote to him explaining the situation. You obviously saw the Ebay posting for the clock since you recognise the seller. It obviously a case of false description, the name in addition to listing the movement as of "good quality". In my e.mail exchange with him following purchase he estimated the clock as being 1950's and the movement French or Swiss, with an explanation as to why. I have written to say I consider the deal invalid - as I'm sure E.Bay will too, considering the listing vs. the product. Am curious to see the response - and I'll let you know. I much appreciate your help and advice. I have bought several carriage clocks from GB via E.Bay and have had wonderful dealings to date. One, a Brunelot with chimes, was knocked out in freight and the seller repaired it and sent it back - in perfect condition. The others have been Couillait movements (one with alarm) in nice condition, late-19, early-20 C.  All best for now! Moore    
    • Old, maybe the body not the soul!  I made an offer for 25 florins on ebay, i correct the pictures with the 1 pound coins once I get them.
    • The not so happy days,   I am old enough to remember those times and more,   Hire Purchase ?
    • Thanks Marc. I usually use my iPhone in slo-mo to observe the swing. I also bought eTimer for looking closely at the performance. Would it be possible for you to make a video on how to use eTimer for diagnosing watch problems. Their manual is not sufficient. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    • No. Used a toothpick to remove the yellow stuff!! Then cleaned up with Rodico. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro