Need help recasing Seiko 6119-6000

Lc130

I can't figure this out.  The index marker ring sit's snugly inside the case when installed from the rear of the case.  However, It's set back far from the front of the case.  It has a cut out that a notch in the dial face fits into.  However, when installed this way, it looks like the last picture.  This isn't right.  Can't get the stem in or case back on.   

The index ring just floats loosely on the front of the case so that can't be it, either.  I'm left wondering if the metal or plastic ring fits into the puzzle somewhere.

As you can tell I'm a beginner and while I took movement pictures, I did't take pics while taking it out of the case.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

IMG_3516.JPG

IMG_3513_LI.jpg

IMG_3514_LI.jpg

IMG_3515.JPG

Hi again. I hope the black plastic dial holding ring is between dial and movement. Second your dial is missing the silver plastic date window.

The index marker as you call it goes in the front of the case. With the crystal in place the tab on the dial will fit in the marker tab.

18 minutes ago, Melt said:

Hi again. I hope the black plastic dial holding ring is between dial and movement. Second your dial is missing the silver plastic date window.

The index marker as you call it goes in the front of the case. With the crystal in place the tab on the dial will fit in the marker tab.

Now, the black ring is in place.   Thank you.  As you can tell, I'm pretty much helpless here. 

Yes, there was no plastic covering on the date window.   

It sounds like you are saying that the index ring is sandwiched between the crystal and case.  Once the crystal is in place over the index ring, can the index ring be rotated? 

Edited by Lc130

Thanks!

I got the index ring in with the crystal on top.  Now just fiddling with the alignment of dial tab into index ring notch.  Not easy either.  

The tall second hand post still has room.

I owe you a pint next time I'm in London!

Charlie

Maryland