• The watch repair course and videos section has moved - if you are a Patron via Patreon or a WRT Subscriber, kindly create an account here: https://www.watchrepairlessons.com, if you have not done so already, in order to continue with your access to the Early Access and Ad-Free videos.

The Patron and Subscribers section in the WatchRepairLessons.com dashboard (direct link) will detail all your subscription details. 

This will help me consolidate all my videos under one roof rather than maintaining two separate systems, and it will also help clean up WRT a bit.

If you have any questions please message me, Mark :)

Watch Repairs Help & Advice

If you are a new member, we would consider it polite for you to introduce yourself here before posting your questions ;)

Need help with your watch repair? Then post your watch repair questions here. Photographs allowed and encouraged. Please UP vote the most useful answers and if someone has helped you, don't forget to click 'like' on their post.

Explore Questions

There are no popular questions to show right now

1. Shock Spring

Asked by rduckwor,

0 votes
    5 answers
  2. 0 votes
    7 answers
  3. 0 votes
    4 answers
  4. 0 votes
    7 answers
  5. 0 votes
    4 answers

4,880 questions in this forum

1. 0 votes
    4 answers
  2. 0 votes
    20 answers
  3. Omega Chronostop Problem

0 votes
    3 answers
  4. 0 votes
    9 answers
  5. Pallet Adjustment Help....

0 votes
    5 answers
  6. 0 votes
    2 answers
  7. This Is My First Try

0 votes
    1 answer
  8. Tag Replacement Crystal

0 votes
    2 answers
  9. I Need Help Cutting Screws!

0 votes
    7 answers
  10. Tag Ready For Another Few Years!

0 votes
    1 answer
  11. 0 votes
    10 answers
  12. Seiko 5 Problem Identified...

0 votes
    4 answers
  13. 0 votes
    7 answers
  14. Roller Jewel

0 votes
    3 answers
  15. 0 votes
    32 answers
  16. 0 votes
    19 answers
  17. Another Friday Struggle

0 votes
    4 answers
  18. Required Reading

0 votes
    3 answers
  19. 0 votes
    4 answers
  20. 0 votes
    4 answers
  21. 0 votes
    7 answers
  22. 0 votes
    16 answers
  23. Crystal Woes

0 votes
    2 answers
  24. Cleaning Components

0 votes
    4 answers
  25. Seiko Kinetic

0 votes
    3 answers
  • Recent Topics

• Welcome to the forum.
    • Your original description reminded me of a recent problem I had with a different movement.  I switched screws.......The head on the screw holding the pallet cock turned out to look the same, but had a minutely thicker head.  This caught the balance and stopped it.  I felt really silly but it was a very rewarding fix!
    • If you didn't clean the balance jewels introducing fresh oil could dislodge the old gummed up oil and make things worse. I'm afraid you you wont make much progress without cleaning the balance jewels. Assuming you have checked that all jewels are clean and balance pivots are not bent bu the problem still persists,... I would check the endshake of the balance. A watch this old may have had the balance staff replaced and the replacement may not have been an exact fit. On most watches you can adjust the endshake a bit by pushing the jewel housing in the mainplate up or down a bit (using a staking set). Note that this may change the interface between roller jewel and pallet fork so this needs to be considered. On larger mens watches you can sometimes get a screwdriver between the hairspring coils to remove the jewels but on these smaller ladies watches its not so easy. Good luck Anilv
    • Hello all, Imnew to the group, been collecting for only a short time. saw Marks youtube vids, and gave a crack at the basic course. I've retired from the open heart team and very used to working with loops on mm objects. This subject of watchmaking has always interested me, but family and work always to precedence.
    • I have a Solution - Clear nail polish Find an inconspicuous spot then under magnification put a small drop on the tip of a pin and try to mix it into the plastic. If it polish changes colour you have your glue if not, let it set to see how well it adheres anyway. If above fails try another brand - nail polish is just a solution designed to dissolve shiny plastics an their additives.