Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 1961 Omega Constellation. Hard to believe its 60 years old. I don't think the Omega bracelet is correct . I believe these types came out in 62'. Doesn't matter since I like these more squared grain

Today.... My 1940's Heuer Ref 347. Rugged looking watch with its battle scared dial. It has a Valjoux 22 under the hood. It's quite a large case for the time which gives it more of a contemporary

Ricoh 61 finally completed today. Feels great. Love the winding sound, Zip zip zip. Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Posted Images

Its a blue dial day today.

RIMG0005.thumb.JPG.50369345c8952327e664e2a3cfa0d7d1.JPG

I'm wearing a Nino 17 Jewel swiss, while assisting my wife with her patchwork quilting designs. It had a slight rust issue when it arrived a few months back, but it is ticking along nicely now. I even restored the brushed case finish.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AndyHull said:

Its a blue dial day today.

RIMG0005.thumb.JPG.50369345c8952327e664e2a3cfa0d7d1.JPG

I'm wearing a Nino 17 Jewel swiss, while assisting my wife with her patchwork quilting designs. It had a slight rust issue when it arrived a few months back, but it is ticking along nicely now. I even restored the brushed case finish.

Manual? I guess ST caliber.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Manual? I guess ST caliber.

RIMG0015.thumb.JPG.1cdc46f08f76791091840978b7eac41e.JPG

RIMG0014.thumb.JPG.b2cd431bc388d30ddf2de219188a6987.JPG

The case, caseback and dial look original, but I'm suspicious that the caliber may not be. Partly because of its condition, and partly because the movement holder looks to have been hacked about a bit. This is what it looks like after some fairly major gunk and rust removal. There is still some remaining evidence of corrosion as you can see.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AndyHull said:

RIMG0015.thumb.JPG.1cdc46f08f76791091840978b7eac41e.JPG

RIMG0014.thumb.JPG.b2cd431bc388d30ddf2de219188a6987.JPG

The case, caseback and dial look original, but I'm suspicious that the caliber may not be. Partly because of its condition, and partly because the movement holder looks to have been hacked about a bit. This is what it looks like after some fairly major gunk and rust removal. There is still some remaining evidence of corrosion as you can see.

St movement, work horse, powered , fortis , camy among many . If dial feet are original and fit the movement, the two belong.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to hand it to the boys in India . Where else can you get a GENYOUWINE Swiss watch serviced and delivered to your door for under twenty dollars ! Perhaps from a NYC street vendor, but nowhere else !

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, m1ks said:

Another Indian eBay franken dial swiss.

A genuine Henri Sandoz in fact. Lol

I love the dial colour on this one.

20190507_095958_001.jpg

Snazzy green sweep hand....HULK edition!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, m1ks said:

Another Indian eBay franken dial swiss.

A genuine Henri Sandoz in fact. Lol

I love the dial colour on this one.

20190507_095958_001.jpg

Very.. err.. purple...

You appear to be having a bit of a Local Hero moment, I was just waiting for Jenny Seagrove to emerge from the waves in the background, to come and admire your purple heather tartan themed Sand-oz.

I'm going to hazard a guess that the movement is a no name ST 96 variant, second guess would be an HMT 0231 with Sandust inscribed on the bridge where it used to say HMT. Go on... give us a peek inside, curious minds want to know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AndyHull said:

Very.. err.. purple...

You appear to be having a bit of a Local Hero moment, I was just waiting for Jenny Seagrove to emerge from the waves in the background, to come and admire your purple heather tartan themed Sand-oz.

I'm going to hazard a guess that the movement is a no name ST 96 variant, second guess would be an HMT 0231 with Sandust inscribed on the bridge where it used to say HMT. Go on... give us a peek inside, curious minds want to know.

Jenny Seagrove can come and admire it anytime.

Here's the case back to prove it's genuine osity! Plus the listing said it was vintage and genuine. :)

I'll get a movement pic soon as I can be bothered to get my case back knife

 

20190507_191915.jpg

Edited by m1ks
Forgot to add picture doh
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eezy said:

Another Henry S. Don't know if the dial is genuine or not.

37 Henri Sandoz.jpg

38 Henry Sandoz.jpg

I'd hazard a guess that yours is more genuine than mine. The snap on back is acid etched on mine by the look. Very well done mind you, but not engraved.

That's a really nice case shape on yours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, m1ks said:

I'd hazard a guess that yours is more genuine than mine. The snap on back is acid etched on mine by the look. Very well done mind you, but not engraved.

That's a really nice case shape on yours.

The case is unmarked, looks new. Has a screw back also. It's my ''play with'' watch as the movement was knackered.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, eezy said:

The case is unmarked, looks new. Has a screw back also. It's my ''play with'' watch as the movement was knackered.

The case bears a startling resemblance to the "Nino" above.

three-amigos.jpg
Here it is again, on the left, along with the franken-zen and a little Richo (arguably the most authentic of the three).

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, AndyHull said:

The case bears a startling resemblance to the "Nino" above.

three-amigos.jpg
Here it is again, on the left, along with the franken-zen and a little Richo (arguably the most authentic of the three).

It does, yes, even down to the lightly brushed finish on top of the case.

Is the Nino a screw back as well?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Same problem happens in other fields. The expertise and time required to do a repair or modification can often be way higher than the price of the item itself. Happens all the time in the computer field. Computer repair is generally a joke as true repair would be much too expensive. I just recently repaired a computer motherboard where the time and parts involved were way more expensive than the board itself but it was really satisfying to see it work. I have had a watch repaired where the cost of the repair was higher than the value of the watch. The repairer was very hesitant to give it a try but we went ahead with it with the understanding it was a best-effort kind of thing. Even if a repair appears simple, there is always the risk of the repairer causing damage and turning into something complicated. I'm learning watch repair but I wouldn't touch someone else's watch unless I knew things were totally fine should it turn to scrap. While a beginner may be able to help for cheap, it is risky for a beginner to help you too.
    • We have 4 clocks photos of front and the backs showing there movements. All you have to do is tell me what countries are they from. So you have A B C & D
    • I have recently ruined the coating of the plates of my PUW60 movement which is not that old that mentioned above. PUW60 Unfortunately I don't have pictures about the plates themselves, but you can see that yellow section under the balance wheel where the coating ended up at the bottom of my cleaning container, i did not understand first what are those shiny bits.
    • Thank you. I did contact a watch repair person and the cost was higher then the watch ifself. It's a similar conundrum to when a beginner starts looking for watch repair tools, can't afford the Bergeon ones and some cheap tools are too cheap. I know I'll get what I pay for, but I am after a new'ish watch enthusiasts who can do it for less the the price of a Seiko type watch. Our prayers go out to the thousands that are effected by the pandemic and in dire straights.
    • Have a look at some places where they change batteries. Some are good and able to do that as well.
×
×
  • Create New...