20 hours ago, watchweasol said:

It gives quire a lot of detail but not as good as the old site.      RANFF.DB.

yes I noticed the new site and I miss the old site. It's the unfortunate problem of the Internet here today gone tomorrow sometimes some of the stuff gets backed up and sometimes well it does not

then the problem with the early Seiko's were there were not necessarily designed for distribution across the planet and as such there is no customer support for them. So trying to find early stuff like technical information or sometimes even parts list for older Seiko is is problematic. But I did find you a you tube video. A quick look he seems to take a heck of a lot of time to actually get to the service single I did not watch all that but it does look like he did disassemble or started to say there's a tiny bit here

5 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

yes I noticed the new site and I miss the old site. It's the unfortunate problem of the Internet here today gone tomorrow sometimes some of the stuff gets backed up and sometimes well it does not

then the problem with the early Seiko's were there were not necessarily designed for distribution across the planet and as such there is no customer support for them. So trying to find early stuff like technical information or sometimes even parts list for older Seiko is is problematic. But I did find you a you tube video. A quick look he seems to take a heck of a lot of time to actually get to the service single I did not watch all that but it does look like he did disassemble or started to say there's a tiny bit here

I loved his explanation of a teardown 😅

5 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

Ex military Richard Perrett, pretty knowledgeable guy.

Posted (edited)

I had noticed that video before.  He has a separate video for the reassembly. When he started the reassembly with using peg wood to oil a jewel I have to admit that I didn't watch much further. He also advocated not lubricating the center wheel arbor because the cannon pinion is friction fit. There is also a blog post (Adventures in Watchmaking, I think) that has a bit of info but not much at all with the oiling.

One question I'm having for this movement is how should I lubricate the sweep second wheel pivot. There is a washer that can slide along the pivot. Normally I would oil with 9010 on the pivot just beneath the pinion and at the 'bulge' in the pivot near the end. Would I do that here, first placing the washer on top of the hole in the center wheel bridge? I'm trying to figure out the purpose of the washer. Is it to act as a barrier to the oil so that it doesn't spread to the pinion leaves? Is it shim to decrease the height of the pivot for the second hand to fit on (low dome watch)?

6601.thumb.jpg.2ab0a253ed9479878823c1dae9157686.jpg

Edited by GuyMontag