The WatchRepairTalk.com community lounge. Discuss here anything not related to the sections in the main forum, naturally please keep discussions within the forum guidelines and terms.


  1. WRT News & Announcements

    Updates and news regarding Watch Repair Talk.

  2. Introduce Yourself Here

    New to the community? We like to know who we are chatting with :)
    So why not introduce yourself here first!

  3. Chat About Anything Here

    Talk about whatever you fancy within the forum rules, not just about watches.

  4. Chat About Watches & The Industry Here

    Discuss anything about watches and the watch industry.

  5. Your Watch Collection

    Show us what you are wearing today, or any watch in your collection - or even show off your whole watch collection. What watches have you purchased recently? :)

  6. Help & Support With This Website

    Help and support using this website. If you are having a general problem with the site then please post here. If you are having a personal problem with the site that you do not wish to be public then please contact a moderator or open a support request.

  • Recent Topics

  • Posts

    • I suspect those numbers indicate the size of the particular movement. Generally the smaller number is the width, in lignes. the larger, the length. That would make it for a fairly small ladies watch.
    • It's a combination tool, used to clamp around roller-table to heat up and flow shellac around the roller jewel. The roller-table clamps on the short side while the long end (wing) is heated over a flame. Cheers.    
    • Hi, I recently purchased a lot on ebay that contained an assortment of watch repair tools. I was specifically after a cannon pinion remover and mainspring winder but the following was included. Does anyone recognize this as a watch repair tool? Regards, Darren
    • One more then I quit.  Promise.  I found quite a few packets from a supplier called Genuine Vantage.  They all have a number just like Marshall and they appear to be part of a material system.  I have the Marshall catalog and the Swartzchilde (sp?) catalog so I can look up their number and figure out what the part is but I don't have a Vantage catalog.  I googles it under various name combinations and can't find a thing.  Anybody know where to get one or an online copy?  Thanks!  Dan.
    • Sorry for being such a pain but after about 10 hours of going through watch parts I have some questions.  Here is a picture of one of the balances I found.  I think its for an FHF model 60.  I'm guessing the "No 200" is renata's stock number but what in the world does 6 3/4-8''' refer to?  The next picture shows 5 more.  I understand the A.S. 1012 is a balance for an A. Schield model 1012 and the ST 69 is for an ST (whoever that is) model 69 but the other three have that fractional nomenclature.  The FHF appears to be for a model 60 but what does the 6/8" refer to?  This time there are only two marks after the fraction rather than three like the others.  The FEF has 5''' (three marks).  Anybody know what this means?  BTW, I found the fastest way to remove a balance staff, roller table, hairspring and jewel is to drop it on the floor and accidentally step on it while you're looking for it.  I recovered a total of 31 balances including the one I ruined.  About 5 were ruined including the A.S. 1012 and FEF shown because the manufacturer padded the holder with foam causing the balances to rust.  The rest were padded with cotton and looked brand new and shiny.  I plan to practice removing staffs from the bad ones.