32 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

My notifications aren't working, anyone else having issues.  I've checked the settings and I should get notifications.

yes I noticed that yesterday no activity on the group as I had no emails. I assumed it was something related to my emails. In the past Mark actually stopped sending me notifications because one of my email addresses was balancing everything. Then I switch to another email address and occasionally they just don't come through it all. So thinking it was my system and not the message board I changed to a third email address. Which obviously isn't going to work if the message board is having a problem.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having issues too. When I post a new thread or follow someone else's thread I always select the "A notification when new content is posted" option. Lately though I am not getting notifications (I checked my spam folder too).

• Sad 1

Maybe the message board software thinks were spending too much time here and that we should acquire a new or different hobby?

In the past that had issues with email addresses which is why change to something entirely different.

Then I went into the settings and played with those and I was getting some messages but not what I used to get. So yes the message  board does seem to have issues.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Are notifications still not getting through if so message Mark. 

I know for a while it wasn't working at all as I pointed up up above. Then it may be working again I'm just not 100% sure? Your question did come through as a email and the comment below by @RichardHarris123 hat also is come through as an email like it's supposed to.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 12:41 PM, GuyMontag said:

I'm having issues too. When I post a new thread or follow someone else's thread I always select the "A notification when new content is posted" option. Lately though I am not getting notifications (I checked my spam folder too).

I hope I may have fixed it. Although I had the "A notification when new content is posted" selected, I found that I didn't have that notification being sent by email, so it was just in the browser. Fingers crossed that fixed it. I know I used to get emails I didn't change this setting so I'm guessing there was something done on the sites end (?) that changed it.

Screenshot2024-04-20at15-29-50FollowedContent-WatchRepairTalk.thumb.png.a35682be9446df69879788e1ab590519.png

On 4/20/2024 at 3:37 PM, GuyMontag said:

Fingers crossed that fixed it. I know I used to get emails I didn't change this setting so I'm guessing there was something done on the sites end (?) that changed it.

I'm curious how the settings have worked out for you? I changed my settings look identical to yours I did change or check one of the boxes that I hadn't done before and no I wasn't paying attention did not take a screen capture but mine looks like yours now

Then this morning I got three emails more than usual which lately has been practically none.

The emails are interesting versus the notifications though? hen the notification icon listing is interesting is that it does correspond to the number of emails sort of? So in it the discussions were of someone commented I did get an email by on one of the discussions there were three comments in the notification it does lump all three together and there was only one email for the first comment none for the rest of them. So in the past I would I had a separate email for every single comment on the other hand in a form of an email that something has been posted on is better than no emails at all which is what has been happening lately

4 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

I'm curious how the settings have worked out for you? I changed my settings look identical to yours I did change or check one of the boxes that I hadn't done before and no I wasn't paying attention did not take a screen capture but mine looks like yours now

Then this morning I got three emails more than usual which lately has been practically none.

The emails are interesting versus the notifications though? hen the notification icon listing is interesting is that it does correspond to the number of emails sort of? So in it the discussions were of someone commented I did get an email by on one of the discussions there were three comments in the notification it does lump all three together and there was only one email for the first comment none for the rest of them. So in the past I would I had a separate email for every single comment on the other hand in a form of an email that something has been posted on is better than no emails at all which is what has been happening lately

Well, I got an email for your reply so I think that fixed it for me.

• Like 1