Watch of Today

mk3

Sorry to say this, but it looks like an HMT watch modified to look like a Tissot...same Indian refinishing/paint dial, etc. It would be a good thing to have a look at the movement. MHO.

BTW, nothing wrong with HMT, just they are too many out there after the factory closed...I believe someone said sometime ago in the forum that those might be a good buy for the future considering they are not made anymore...

5 hours ago, bobm12 said:

Sorry to say this, but it looks like an HMT watch modified to look like a Tissot...same Indian refinishing/paint dial, etc. It would be a good thing to have a look at the movement. MHO.

BTW, nothing wrong with HMT, just they are too many out there after the factory closed...I believe someone said sometime ago in the forum that those might be a good buy for the future considering they are not made anymore...

I think Bob is correct.

J

I'm pretty sure the Enicars are not genuine they are HMT watches with fake dials you will also see a lot of HMT watches branded as Fortis with fake dials and laser etched backs I think most of the sellers of these watches are Indian or far east based there is an absolute flood of these watches on Ebay at the moment Ebay does not seem to act on these watches when reported. There are also a plethora of fake Breitling chrono watches with laser etched movements out there. I also recently saw a Russian amphibian watch with Breitling dial and laser etched movement at quite a hefty price this was advertised as a rare Breitling 60's divers watch I reported this to Ebay yet it remains for sale. The fake Breitlings are mostly Italian based sellers. Buyer beware.

People will always buy fakes, that I don't mind they know they are buying rubbish for next to nothing it may look like the real thing at arms length but they don't fool many people. But what I would encourage people to do is check out the forums dedicated to replica watches because the more knowledge you have about whats out there and the lengths people will go to will shock any serious collector of watches gone are the days when back street Hong Kong factories churned these rather poor quality tat out by the ton.

I do get annoyed that Ebay will allow some sellers who are no more than scammers peddle there wares to the unsuspecting with no penalty. 

I didn't think it was at all real to be honest id never seen one anywhere, It was cheap and not working probably lwhy I bought it looks ok and keeps good time tho so not all is lost ill have to open it back up and have a look at movement again  its over a year since I bought it sure it says tissot on movement but that means nowt it says oxo on buses but they don't sell them do they.

This was my first service of a HMT and in my opinion they are Ok .

The 17j is very basic, simple to work on, only disappointment is there is no beat adjuster so moving the hairspring collet is required to achieve beat.

I like the brand on the watch you came up with!! Witty! Omega --> Omage!!!!...and of course, it is a cool watch, and more with your modification reversing the display. The little things that make things cool and most nobody really notice unless they are "in the know"! :)

Cheers,

Bob

14 minutes ago, ro63rto said:

change the crystal WITHOUT having to take it out first to measure it.

Hi ro63rto,

Nice looking pulsar! In my experience, the above is more like a miss than a hit unless you can get the original part! Not a good idea otherwise in time and money! I wish you luck!

Cheers,

Bob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, svorkoetter said:

Decided to wear one of my two analog/digital quartz watches this Friday the 13th.

This is a Pulsar NX01-X001, extensively modded to be an 'omage to the Omega X-33 (the original, not the hideous new Skywalker model).

v33-may-13-2.jpg

v33-may-13-1.jpg

Wow that is funky: Omage--I like it!

• Like 1

On buying Indian watches..

Stay away if

A-the seller doesn't post a movement shot.

B-the movement does not have the makers name. (Especially those with a 'hammered' finish.

C- plastic movement ring which looks crude.

D- dial is a 'gaudy' hue.

If you know what you're looking for/ looking at, then you can find some deals..otherwise caveat emptor.

In the tissot, I would guess there's a real toss it movement inside but likely a smaller lozenge or cushion shape movement rather than a full round movement. Case looks legit as the back is quite hard to forge.

Anil

17 minutes ago, Cad101 said:

My old Sekonda alarm today .Bit rough and ready but I like it image.jpg

I love it!  As a kid I can remember our local jeweller demonstrating a Felicia automatic with alarm.  I was surprised at how loud the bell alarm was.  Is this the case with this watch?  Also, when using the alarm is it on a different power reserve or does it have its own?

It's a loud buzzing noise but it takes you by surprise I have a Lucerne alarm with a little bell inside that's quite loud when it goes off still trying to find a second hand for this one tho.20160514_203510.jpg