Watch of Today

mk3

1 hour ago, anilv said:

Hi Noirrac,

I won't be opening this watch any time soon but there's some good write-ups if you Google 'top-second'. 

As far as complications go, this one isn't complicated at all! Something like the waving Mao Tse-Tung.

Cheers!

Funny!

J

19 minutes ago, Marc said:

Thanks for the vid Marc.  That really is an interesting watch that I've not encountered before. @anilv was right about the simplicity of the top second mechanism: just an additional gear coupled to the escape wheel provides the impulse. The watch industry ingenuity of the 70's was sometimes focused on gimmicky stuff like this, but it's still admirably elegant in its execution. Thanks for sharing it!

J

Time to bring the tone down a few notches. Far too many nice vintage watches here [emoji16]

Posted in Hong Kong on 30th April to my door today 3rd May. So that's what The Flash does while not filming [emoji1]

Sector 250 Ana/Digi Chrono Alarm

2016-05-03%2016.40.57_1.png

Here is the 'cousin' to the Sector, got it in a pile of watches, add batt, cleaned up and first time setup, (which requires a lot of time), gave this to one of my son's, he barely wears it. Considering it's mass, it is quite comfy.DSCF0154.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cad101 said:

Oooooo that's funky I like it. I think my things i ordered off thewatchcollector in the good old USA are being delivered by the flashes half brother "The Slow" :D

I've got two orders in with him, a complete 7s26 dive, (blue dial YES!) and a dozen zombie Seiko auto parts movements, he may be in Washington state, but he ships from Philippines, so yeah, it 's a slow boat.

Yeah, the stuff from Ramon takes time. Even here -- Miami -- it takes a good 3 to 4 weeks and also comes from the Philippines. That Seiko, above, is from a batch of 4 non runners I purchased from him.

I bought this monster off the bay because I will be travelling OS soon and I want a simple dual zone watch.  Cost me less than twenty bucks (AU).  I opened it up...two jewelled quartz Miyota movements.  Not bad for a cheapy.

ZG640400-D-8-6.JPG  

So today i'm wearing this Tissot or so it claims to be. I got it about a year ago cheap as a non runner of our friend the bay. I have no problems with the movement CHs Tissot & Fils 17 jewels cal 781 its just the repainted dial the fact that's its glue to the movement with sticky dots and it doesn't look like any other Tissot seastar. I have noticed a lot of them surfacing on the bay all with re-finished dials and too good to believe cases maybe someone in india has a dial press and is churning out hundreds. Plus they are going for about £30 to £60 which seams alot seeing as I wouldn't  have paid more than £5 mine as a none runner so in conclusion I think its a frankenwatch any thoughts people.IMG_0335[1].JPGIMG_0340[1].JPG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cad101 said:

So today i'm wearing this Tissot or so it claims to be. I got it about a year ago cheap as a non runner of our friend the bay. I have no problems with the movement CHs Tissot & Fils 17 jewels cal 781 its just the repainted dial the fact that's its glue to the movement with sticky dots and it doesn't look like any other Tissot seastar. I have noticed a lot of them surfacing on the bay all with re-finished dials and too good to believe cases maybe someone in india has a dial press and is churning out hundreds. Plus they are going for about £30 to £60 which seams alot seeing as I wouldn't  have paid more than £5 mine as a none runner so in conclusion I think its a frankenwatch any thoughts people.IMG_0335[1].JPGIMG_0340[1].JPG

Is the movement legit?  If it is then I wouldn't worry too much as the watch looks really nice and will probably serve you well into the future.  Indian watch sellers on Ebay seem to be proliferating.  I often take a look at the Indian stuff made in the late 60s and 70s such as the ubiquitous HMT watches.

Just now, Cad101 said:

Yes the movement looks legit just cant find the dial anywhere. But it runs well and it gets noticed so I cant complain really.

Well I reckon it looks very nice and the blue face is a real attention getter.  If you only paid a little amount for it then you win on both counts...you got a nice watch and a good price.  Heaven! <_<

BTW the dial looks as if it has been over-painted when you zoom the image up as I did using IrfanView.  BUT...to the naked eye it just looks like a marvellous and uniquely-coloured standard dial.

Edited by stroppy

To me its not a cheap fake but somebody with an original movement has gone to an awful lot of trouble to fit a replacement dial. Don't believe the dial to be original as it seems to of been fitted with dial stickers. And a new case to boot. Its a nice watch.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X90F using Tapatalk