Watch of Today

mk3

Today was a Black Monster day for me.

Picked this one up from the ‘bay for about $70 including shipping. The seller stated that it needed to be repaired. I simply adjusted the rotor a little bit, and it has been running extremely well. Have been wearing it for two days without any issues. The bezel has a few scratches, but that does not bother me at all. I just love the lume on these watches. 

25572145900_19d6509e07_z.jpg

• Like 1

How much is the rent?

It actually works this way: I show my watch collection to the wife. She choses one for me to wear and I set a price so I can spend the money in...more watches! So, to answer your question Joe, rent is variable but she thinks it is me joking....until she check the statements! :)

• Like 1

Stroopy! A Q&Q watch?  :geek:

Yeah...I know it isn't high-end and all and I do know that Q&Q are Citizen's "cheapy" watches but it was a gift and when I meet up with the person who gave it to me I kind of consider it nice and polite to wear the watch.  Actually it keeps excellent time, looks quite nice and, hey, it does its job.

:D

It actually works this way: I show my watch collection to the wife. She choses one for me to wear and I set a price so I can spend the money in...more watches! So, to answer your question Joe, rent is variable but she thinks it is me joking....until she check the statements! :)

Ah the joys of marriage...shared bank accounts...wife does the budget...wife looks sternly at you when you gaze longingly at that new watch/car/tv/stereo, etc...  Wife controls the hoarding instincts and wife ditches stuff that you always think should never have been thrown out.  Women...just marvellous!  :P  ;)

• Like 1

Holy *#^@*!  Are they out of their frigging minds?  I have a few similar to that one and it is nothing special, ROFL :sick:  It's not like that is REAL gold there;)  That must be a record for "one" of the stupidest prices on Ebay!  Can I give them the prize?  :D

Yeah...I know it isn't high-end and all and I do know that Q&Q are Citizen's "cheapy" watches but it was a gift and when I meet up with the person who gave it to me I kind of consider it nice and polite to wear the watch.  Actually it keeps excellent time, looks quite nice and, hey, it does its job.At 

At the end of the day, that's the bottom line--JC

The dunk and swish is literal--the ENTIRE movement (minus the barrel) is just thrown into lighter fluid....the depravity is shocking!

Well at least I've been doing this right since day one;) it's definitely a method that has been proven and works quite well!!!

@Cad101 I have a few like that....love them;)  Is that a pin-lever single jewel?  (I love the sound of them but annoy many others in the process, haha)

Today's watch is sort of a garbage pick.  This lot I picked up had a whole bunch of junk that the person said "was pure crap but I might get a part or two out of it if I look hard enough".  Well, I saw a vintage Westclox that needed some love and after just over 9 hours, she is ticking away again! (took two FULL services to get it going too)

IMG_20160329_241023771_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160328_203810652_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160328_184712524_HDR.jpg

• Like 1