Watch of Today

mk3

43 minutes ago, noirrac1j said:

Oh one more thing... you cannot take the circuit board off until you remove the hairspring and vice versa( first replace board on, then hairspring).

P.S. Also, use a new battery!

J

JC

Sorry, remove the board first THEN  the hair spring. Afterward, replace the hairspring then the board.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, noirrac1j said:

So sorry! everything OK?

J

I'm sorry myself, was a poorly timed joke there;)

On the plus side, you're right; this watch is keeping time within chronometer specifications! +4 sec in 24hours!

Edited by jeffc83

I wore this today:

a9505d87c3a5782526a45c90ff9908bb14204398

It's my "f@rting around watch".  It was so cheap to buy that if it gets clobbered...no matter...just buy a new one.   The remarkable thing is that it keeps good time, both analogue and digital.  (You can see I like Chinese junk...sigh!)

I'm stuck inside for another week with doggy who is recovering from her ACL surgery.  She plays me like a fiddle.  A whimper gets immediate attention.  A raised front paw gets an immediate pat and a scratch of the ears and a shrill bark means, "Take me out for a piddle, dad!"

You can see that I love my dog!  She will be inside until the stitches come out and even then her walks will be much shorter for about two or three weeks.  Big operation...big cost...$AU3,500.  But she's worth every penny.

• Like 1

@stroppy Hope the surgery goes well!  I can see she has a great owner that cares very much for her so either way, she'll remain happy!  I love beater watches...yours is no exception!

@tomprobkins Amazing, I love it!  Well done sir:)

Today, I had a meeting so it had to be a good one: Eberhard & Co Postillon 8 Jours (love this watch, the lume is nothing short of amazing)

IMG_20160415_084621699_HDR.jpg

Edited by jeffc83
  • Like 2

Could not decide which one to wear, feeling a bit nostalgic, this is or was the 'digital' age. I stuck with the Casio, (I hear you laughing, water resistant to 100m!). Citizen multi-alarm way to complicated for knocking around.DSCF0147.JPG

• Like 2

Just now, WileyDave said:

Could not decide which one to wear, feeling a bit nostalgic, this is or was the 'digital' age. I stuck with the Casio, (I hear you laughing, water resistant to 100m!). Citizen multi-alarm way to complicated for knocking around.DSCF0147.JPG

I have a almost pristine example of one the watches you show (to the right) here.  The only blemish is a slight scuff across the glass lens which, I assume would be easy to polish out with some cerium oxide.  Now don't go throwing that watch away because, apparently, early Citizen LCD watches are now getting a pretty packet on the bay.

• Like 1