Watch of Today

mk3

Wearing my 'new' Movado today. This arrived from the 'bay with a movement that was superglued together, but the dial's in great condition. The only useful bit of the movement was the setting lever spring, and the only thing missing from the donor movement was the setting lever spring. I love when that happens.

Happy Christmas, all.

post-148-0-82141900-1451214489_thumb.jpe

• Like 6

here's what i have been wearing today. a hand winder, 1964 seiko sportsman. it doesn't get much wrist time. but it did today. i took it off long enough to regulate it and snap a picture. one of the reasons i bought this one is because it's a 36mm. making it the perfect size.

that mark on the dial face is on the crystal.

post-836-0-37895800-1451252474.jpg

• Like 1

Wearing a chronograph I picked up on the 'bay. It wasn't running and had a knackered dial, but there was a 30mm dial on eBay that was cheaper than sending the existing dial to Messrs Bill for restoration (which I might still do), so I used that.

It has a lovely Landeron 47 movement (1937) which I enjoyed servicing. Runs sweetly. All it needs now is chrome replating...or not!

post-148-0-25615400-1452002829_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd revive this thread as I enjoyed it and it seems to have gone quiet.

Today's offering is a 21 jewel hours and minutes only Accurist dress watch from (guessing) mid 1960's ish.

post-73-0-99311000-1455532290_thumb.jpg

Housing a very pretty manual winding Peseux 320 which is a great time keeper, the only issue with it is the tiny crown makes it a pig to wind.

I'm very fond of this watch for its simplicity but it doesn't get a lot of wrist time due to the lack of water proofing. I'm in the office today though so that's ok.

hi everyone,

todd here.

although i have an extensive collection, many more valuable than this one, this is my favorite everyday watch to wear.

a bulova computron drivers watch from 1976.

absolutely mint, with no bad segments, and a great story behind it.

post-807-0-28356900-1455575067.jpg

• Like 2

I spoke too soon, in post yesterday, looks clean inside except for non-Seiko gasket, case is dirty, aftermarket brace, should clean up nice, she's a running!

Thanks Ramrod, PM me for details, I would like it to be close to original, I do have small wrist!

post-1800-0-83657200-1456486675_thumb.jp