Watch of Today

mk3

Today its a comfy Seiko Sportsmatic that someone in the far distant past had scrubbed the dial clean. I gave it a polish and a varnish after servicing it but I would really like to find a new dial . I look on the net almost everyday for one but alas have yet to spot one so if any of you kind people spot one let me know thanks.IMG_0362[1].JPGIMG_0422[1].JPG

I always think about who owned it, where it traveled, how long it was used before it was discarded, etc.  Would be awesome to be able to find out the past life of some watches!  Thanks for the compliment. I will also keep my eye out for Seiko Sportsmatic dials during my searches.

Edited by jeffc83

@12toneman Like your radio room. There are a lot of memories for me regards Radio-rooms. When I saw the first Amphibian, it had a RR-dial and I had to have one....... the start of the Amphibius-virus :)  Your dial however is much nicer than my modern RR-dial and you have a date window! Wish I had that one !!

@bobm12 Finally arrived !! Congratulations :thumbsu: Now the fun really starts !! Tip No#1: Get a bigger back-door or build a special post-extension to the "you know whom" house :D

Thanks, Endeavor. I definitely share your affinity for the Radio Room. It took me a while to find that one, with the off center anchor and date--from a vendor with a website only in Russian and prices in rubles. I changed the hands the other day because the original ones were hard to read against the white background and red second hand got lost in the red sections of the dial. 

dc9976b9-aa27-4dac-b964-7ed1cf6a5221.jpg

• Like 1

In keeping with the whole Russian theme my old beaten up vostok Paratrooper looks like it went to syberia and back but keeps excellent time about 3 seconds a day in all positions you cant argue with that .20160611_153054.jpg

• Like 3

My late uncle was wearing this watch when his army patrol was attacked in Ireland in the early 70s.

The strap broke and it rolled around in the bottom of the personnel carrier, it was recovered eventually but didn't work any longer.

I was given it to look at, and after a little tlc it is running again...next step glass and then a strap...then it goes to my cousin.

Etienne.jpg

video-1456875143.mp4

• Like 1

Wearing a Tissot hand-wind today...powered by a cal 27-2. Most of the Tissots from the 50s were in base metal cases, this one is in stainless steel. Dial is in pretty good shape as well, hand could be better.. :(

P_20160614_163537_1.jpg

• Like 2

Today I'm wearing this recent bay purchase a bit of a mess when bought and now in running order a 1912 size 0 class 320 7 jewel ELGIN. Serial No 16397025 for those interested.

I will be doing a service walkthrough on this in the near future so look out for it.IMG_0444[1].JPG

• Like 1

Yeah! I love to hear stuff like this....and the watch is super nice (sub-seconds) too!

JC

Thanks. Seems to be keeping decent time so far.

8 hours on my wrist yesterday and again today plus dial up overnight and it looks like it has only lost around 30secs.

Bought a "matching" accessory today [emoji4]

20160621_144543.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/21/2016 at 1:45 PM, ro63rto said:

Thanks. Seems to be keeping decent time so far.

8 hours on my wrist yesterday and again today plus dial up overnight and it looks like it has only lost around 30secs.

Bought a "matching" accessory today emoji4.png

20160621_144543.jpg

Nice!

JC

• Like 1