Replacing Incabloc Spring That Broke Off

You'll get no argument here Bob. I was just saying that the set George was looking at could be good value at the price. By own set is made by Boley, and also allows you to use stakes as stumps just like the Inverto.

• Like 1

The Seitz is designed specifically for the fitting and removal of pivot jewels. It has reamers to ensure the correct hole size, and punches and stumps dedicated for the job. Also there is micrometer adjustment to allow the Jewel to be seated to the exact depth required.

A staking set on the other hand can be used for a many things including fitting and removal of balance staffs that have broken pivots. Some staking sets do have jeweling attachments and can cover all bases.

I suggest that you read this thread, as there is a lot of information you may find useful. http://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topic/2532-free-ebook-kds-complete-staking-tools-and-how-to-use-them-1910/?hl=%2Bk%26amp%3Bd+%2Bstaking

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am just not lucky this week... As soon as I got the mainplate I wanted to reassemble the ETA 2892-A2 movement of this watch, everything went fine until.... 

Until I had to clean the opposite jewel on the balance cock: guess what.... that spring flew away never to be seen again!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ok, I call it a day, and stop (I cannot go further...) and I beg the help of someone on this forum to help me get the correct incabloc spring for this movement, and if buy it in quantity from cousins and send it to me. I cannot buy from cousinsuk since I do not have a credit card.

Do not use tweezers to pick up tiny things like incabloc springs and jewels.

Use a bit of Rodico on a pegwood stick or toothpick.

You can also use a jewel picker which is like a pen with a small blob of silicone on each end (a tip from Geo!).

Available from eBay, just Google "jewel picker"

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/191728065009?limghlpsr=true&hlpht=true&ul_noapp=true&hlpv=2&chn=ps&lpid=107&ops=true&viphx=1

You won't believe itt guys: the spring had fallen inside the movement! After disassembling it again, I found it and was able to put it back in place. Finally!

Thanks anyway for all the info, really valuable.

Great result they have a life of their own,   spooky :startle:

• 4 years later...
On 11/21/2015 at 3:49 PM, GeorgeClarkson said:

AS per title, while reassembling a movement (ETA 2892-a2) the incablock spring that is on the main plate broke off in 2 parts, so now I need to replace it. How can I do it without removing the jewel holder from the plate?

1 hour ago, littleton said:

Sorry if I got it wrong but I'm looking for the answer to the problem of replacing a broken incabloc  sprint

Always best  to start a new discussion if  it's a different watch then whatever the discussion is on.

Also  when starting your new discussion as suggested above it be nice to give us a little more knowledge like caliber and which spring  and maybe even a picture of the watch