Help with ID of this watch and movement

TexasDon

It is labeled "Tourist" automatic on the dial. The rear cover says only Swiss made, Incabloc and 25 jewels. It's in rough condition but I would like to identify the likely movement if at all possible prior to deciding whether or not to purchase. It might make a great restoration project. Then again, it might make an interesting paper weight.

Tourist.jpg

Well if you want to ID the movement, then you will need to take the back off and take some pictures of it.

BTW the major issue with that watch appears to be the crystal. Polish it up and it will look 100% more presentable. Replace it, if the scratches are too deep, or it is cracked. A new crystal probably wont cost much, but it makes a huge difference.

Also loose that strap and put it on a good looking leather  band. Black leather with contrasting stitching maybe, but the choice is up to you. The difference that makes will also be well worth the effort.

It is an automatic with date, (although I can't verify that from the poor picture, and would need to see inside to be sure), so that makes it a little more interesting, and it is jeweled, so it should feature a reasonably well made movement, but without taking the back off, there could be literally anything lurking inside, from a beautiful movement to a lump of play dough.

Once you know what is inside, then you can judge what it is worth. I would assume it has not been serviced recently, so you will need to do that too.

As to what it is worth, well generally we don't speculate on that here, but it probably isn't hugely valuable, so it is worth whatever you are willing to pay for it.

Edited by AndyHull

Thank you for the info and link. I've been offered the watch by post so I haven't seen it. Likely I'll purchase it as the price isn't all that much. It's an obscure name but from all I can find out via your link as well as my own research is that it likely has a sourced Swiss movement that is well worth repairing. You're absolutely correct in that a new crystal, strap and TLC will make a likely fine daily wearer out of this "pigs ear". I'll post full pics inside and out if I decide to buy it.