Watch of Today

mk3

Today a Stauer I picked up cheap a while ago for £2 at a car boot serviced and cleaned and runs surprisingly well for a chinese auto. Trouble is i can only wear it for another 3 years as the calendar only goes to 2019. Btw everybody loves a bit of Groot.IMG_0569[1].JPG

This used to be my 'daily wearer', (back when I was gainfully employed!), my wife bought it for me at xmas some 12 or 15 years ago, it sits in the watch case until I notice the cell draining, then  back on the wrist or in the sun for a recharge, BTW its a E812 cal and fairly time consuming to get the thing set up, plating is slightly worn on bottom of brace, just how I like it.:biggrin:DSCF0317.JPG 

11 minutes ago, WileyDave said:

This used to be my 'daily wearer', (back when I was gainfully employed!), my wife bought it for me at xmas some 12 or 15 years ago, it sits in the watch case until I notice the cell draining, then  back on the wrist or in the sun for a recharge, BTW its a E812 cal and fairly time consuming to get the thing set up, plating is slightly worn on bottom of brace, just how I like it.:biggrin:DSCF0317.JPG 

It's in pretty darn good shape for a 12 to 15 year old watch .

Haven't worn this for a bit..

An early Rado..hard to date but probably from the late 70s, early eighties.

P_20160922_085614_MT.jpg

Not sure of the dial material as Rado used a lot of interesting material but its probably some sort of mineral. It has an iridescent effect in certain light, it also has a grain/striation similar to wood.

P_20160922_085921.jpg

Its a bit hard to photograph as most of the pics turn out like below!reflection.jpg

Still has its original Stellux bracelet with old style, non spring-loaded clasp.

bckle.jpg

Weekend is round the corner...!

Anil

• Like 3

I've been absent for a few months, but have been soldiering on. Next to improving my leather craft skills, made some more Vostok Amphibians. All of them are serviced, modified and run with a beat-error of less than 0.5ms and a DR of max + 5 sec/day. 4x of the 2416b movements have been build from part of various other matching (scrap, 2nd-hand or new) movements like the Vostok 2409 or 2415.

Instead of featuring one watch every day, I worn and present them all today ;)

This 2416b movement in a Vostok 120 case has featured before, but has now one of my self made veg tan Nato leather straps.

PIC_4369.JPG

This Amphibian in a 420 case has one of the "reassembled" 2416b movements, it runs extremely good ;) Blue scuba-dude dial with matching bezel and Nato-strap.

PIC_4367.JPG

Here an Amphibian "Neptune" in a 960 case. Because the bracelet lugs on this case are special, the new, around $4, solid stainless steel eBay watch-strap had to be modified to suite the lugs....works very well and the strap is of amazing quality. The sun spoils the picture a bit, but still better than raindrops :biggrin:

PIC_4368.JPG

Next up is a "Ministry" (710) case, with 22mm lugs and military Nato-strap. A "single-dot" black bezel insert.

PIC_4375.JPG

This Radio-Room dial sits in a Komandirskie case with a hand-wound 2409 movement. Matching Nato strap. This watch needs some more tinkering. First to make it an automatic movement and I'm looking for the same black Radio Room dial, but with date window.......... hard to find :(

PIC_4389.JPG

Last one for today: an orange scuba-dude in a 420 case. Automatic 2416b movement with a black date-wheel at 6-o-clock. The leather-strap is not 100% to my liking, and will be replaced with a self-made one. The bezel is nice small and a bit more rare.

PIC_4377.JPG

Three more Amphibian are in the make. Still searching for the right & matching components.

That's it for today !

Edited by Endeavor
  • Like 5

Nice going Endeavor! I like the way they are modified and honestly, the straps all look good! How did you find the right bracelet for modification on the 3rd picture, 960 case? Did the seller list all the dimensions? I'm talking about the center where the "lugs" fit in.

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Bob;

The solid SS-strap was an idea I found on Watchuseek. Here is the link: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/diy-solid-link-bracelet-960-neptune-case-933059.html

Searching on eBay, I found indeed the dimensions and the same strap. A Chinese seller. It all worked out great, as described in the link above. Perfect!

Edited by Endeavor

2 hours ago, Endeavor said:

This Radio-Room dial sits in a Komandirskie case with a hand-wound 2409 movement. Matching Nato strap. This watch needs some more tinkering. First to make it an automatic movement and I'm looking for the same black Radio Room dial, but with date window.......... hard to find :(

PIC_4389.JPG

I like this "Umbrella Corp." Kommandirskie :)