Which Watch Have You Got Coming In The Mail ? Show Us !!!

SCOTTY

• 3 weeks later...

Not technically in the mail but this has just arrived to me. A nice little gem i thought to continue my collection of military watches. This is a Cortebert made ATP watch, one of the forerunners of the WWW designated MOD watches. One of 17 or so brands, i think its around mid rarity of the ATPS, kicking myself a little as a few weeks ago i let a Grana slip through my hands and also another watch with the same movement as the Grana, for not a great deal more than this. This Cortebert has softened the blow, good condition in a stainless case and ticks away nicely.  

20230906_095826.jpg

20230906_095818.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RichardHarris123 said:

This, I have a feeling the movement is going to be a bag of s%^t. But it was £2.

Screenshot_20230904_225018_eBay.jpg

Considerably less than i paid Rich, i think of these sums of money in terms of costa coffees. It cost you half a cup of coffee, supped in under a minute. Still a bargain mate,  it will keep you entertained much longer than the coffee. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

ATP watch, one of the forerunners of the WWW designated MOD watches.

Rich, that's a whole bunch of initials; i think we are all happy and relieved about the Grana blow being softened; welcome back; and what else... i bleached my hair and finally i am happy with it. 💖

3 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Considerably less than i paid Rich, i think of these sums of money in terms of costa coffees. It cost you half a cup of coffee, supped in under a minute. Still a bargain mate,  it will keep you entertained much longer than the coffee. 

That's the way I see it, if nothing else I can practice polishing the case. If it is junk, then one less for newbies on ebay. 

2 minutes ago, Galilea said:

Rich, that's a whole bunch of initials; i think we are all happy and relieved about the Grana blow being softened; welcome back; and what else... i bleached my hair and finally i am happy with it. 💖

ATP  army time piece some say its army trade pattern ?  WWW  wristlet waterproof watch 🤔. MOD  well thats just the MOD.  I'm happy,Rich is happy, you're  happy we're all happy. Its a good day 🙂

1 hour ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

This is a Cortebert made ATP watch, one of the forerunners of the WWW designated MOD watches

To my eye it looks more modern and refined than my Font...

IMG_0252.thumb.jpeg.35215cfbb6c5f8a02334f552f0b6115c.jpeg

...and I may have seen that Grana, too 😉...

Edited by rehajm
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rehajm said:

To my eye it looks more modern and refined than my Font...

IMG_0252.thumb.jpeg.35215cfbb6c5f8a02334f552f0b6115c.jpeg

...and I may have seen that Grana, too 😉...

Both the cortebert and fhf are from the same time .  The minute track is set a bit further in and the cortebert signature just gives it that little extra edge. A lot of these weren't signed, i have a rotary coming in a couple of days, not an ATP but the dial is a dead ringer for one. That Grana i passed it up at a couple of hundred quid , I'm sure someone has the same one up at nine hundred, bugger 🙂, its not you is it 🤔 ?

13 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

That Grana i passed it up at a couple of hundred quid , I'm sure someone has the same one up at nine hundred, bugger 🙂, its not you is it 🤔 ?

Nay- It isn't me. I'm more of a buy high/sell low kind of investor and...looking at my recent watch purchases piling up without attention I may have a bit of a...problem. Are there twelve step programs for watch addiction? I may need to go, so long as it isn't a front for a watch swap meet...🤑

5 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

I'm happy,Rich is happy, you're  happy we're all happy. Its a good day 🙂

May I join  you all and be happy too?   May I ask,  What are we being happy about.

Your cortebert is refined alright but modern .....

Russian made Malnija pocket watch was coppied off of cortebert, has similair looking bridge layout. the difference is Malnija works only when it wants too. 

1 minute ago, Nucejoe said:

May I join  you all and be happy too?   May I ask,  What are we being happy about.

Your cortebert is refined alright but modern .....

Russian made Malnija pocket watch was coppied off of cortebert, has similair looking bridge layout. the difference is Malnija works only when it wants too. 

Of course you can joe, i'm happy with my watch, Richard is happy with his watch, Galilea is happy with her bleached hair, you can be happy for any reason you like matey, you're a fine chap, bloke , dude , buddy. Did you mean the Russian Mainija are modern compared to the cortebert ?  This is a lovely little watch, I'm just not really keen on the size.

5 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

I'm happy because I only paid £2 for what is probably total crap, any more and I  would revert to the grizzled/ grumpy old Yorkshire man that I am.  Hehe. 

I dont believe it lol. Nah you're not grumpy Rich. You welcome every single new member to forum thats not a humbug. Another decent forum member most definitely. 

8 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Of course you can joe, i'm happy with my watch, Richard is happy with his watch, Galilea is happy with her bleached hair, you can be happy for any reason you like matey, you're a fine chap, bloke , dude , buddy. Did you mean the Russian Mainija are modern compared to the cortebert ?  This is a lovely little watch, I'm just not really keen on the size.

I dont believe it lol. Nah you're not grumpy Rich. You welcome every single new member to forum thats not a humbug. Another decent forum member most definitely. 

Anyone just bought this ? I'm dying to know whats inside it

Screenshot_20230906-195002_eBay.jpg

Thanks matey, I shall join the happy bunch before I find something to be happy about.

35 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Did you mean the Russian Mainija are modern compared to the cortebert ?  

Hell no !!      Modern !!??    Malnija doesn't know the word .

Russian Malnija is a poor copy of cortebert. 

As said , your cortebert is a refined piece.

Rgds

1 hour ago, Nucejoe said:

Thanks matey, I shall join the happy bunch before I find something to be happy about.

Hell no !!      Modern !!??    Malnija doesn't know the word .

Russian Malnija is a poor copy of cortebert. 

As said , your cortebert is a refined piece.

Rgds

Here is the Cortebert engine and a spare movement for it with an inca balance. Don't you just love those brass bushings the jewels are set into . Beautiful .

20230906_210037.jpg

20230906_210026.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Bushings ?   ya I do, 

Floks in Asia  pacific  loves them bushings bery bery much  😂.

Gold bushings last for ever as lubricants wont ruin em, glitter too. 

Lol sorry Joe, perhaps Bouchon would clarify my statement. Me thinks you thinks more on the lines of the seven green fingered variety of bushing. 😄

20230907_080700.jpg

20230907_080507.jpg

5 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Evening,

Just arrived all crisp and crusty! There's life in the old Sekonda. The ladies is a Junghans and I'm hoping the AVIA is just gummed up. The Wilkins may only need a battery and a bit of a buff up.  

justin.thumb.jpg.78578d49a0b13551e7c53392ca1275c2.jpg

Let's hope the corrosion is external only.  The first thing I would do with the Avia, is cut off the strap and bin it.