National Electric Watch Cleaning Machine

When I said that I was waiting for the puller I actually got it already I just did not notice it on the ground in front of the entrance door. I have replaced the ball bearing, twice actually because i forgot to add the dust cover first, not like it is needed now as the new ball bearing is double Z (closed both sides). Now you can see my first ever attempt to clean a watch with a watch cleaning machine. I used a movement which is not worth saving in my opinion for the test run, going to check the parts with my microscope but it looks promising. I used elma 1:9 pink milk solution for the first jar and filtered rain water for the 2nd and 3rd. I still need to work on the motor though, if i screw it down it slows down as something is too tight, its like a play with the balance end shake. Too lose at the moment, it starts to shake too much with high speed because it is not screwed down properly. 

IMG_20210125_154843.jpg

IMG_20210125_154828.jpg

IMG_20210125_154812.jpg

IMG_20210125_154816.jpg

IMG_20210125_150748.jpg

Edited by luiazazrambo
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stephen, the brushes look as though they still have plenty of meat on them. Have you had a look at the commutator? It may need cleaning. Have a look at this: m.youtube.com/watch?v=MkBLwUG_AdU

Thanks guys. Rather than getting new brushes I've just done as suggested and cleaned everything. Now working as good as new - well, as good as a decades old machine anyway. Pity the speed control no l

If the bush is sintered then it will hold lubricant inside the material.

Posted Images

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.