National Electric Watch Cleaning Machine

When I said that I was waiting for the puller I actually got it already I just did not notice it on the ground in front of the entrance door. I have replaced the ball bearing, twice actually because i forgot to add the dust cover first, not like it is needed now as the new ball bearing is double Z (closed both sides). Now you can see my first ever attempt to clean a watch with a watch cleaning machine. I used a movement which is not worth saving in my opinion for the test run, going to check the parts with my microscope but it looks promising. I used elma 1:9 pink milk solution for the first jar and filtered rain water for the 2nd and 3rd. I still need to work on the motor though, if i screw it down it slows down as something is too tight, its like a play with the balance end shake. Too lose at the moment, it starts to shake too much with high speed because it is not screwed down properly. 

IMG_20210125_154843.jpg

IMG_20210125_154828.jpg

IMG_20210125_154812.jpg

IMG_20210125_154816.jpg

IMG_20210125_150748.jpg

Edited by luiazazrambo

• 6 months later...

NickP (and others who may be able to help) - How much did you pay for the National watch cleaning machine, if you don't mind me asking. Or does anyone have an idea what they should go for?

I currently have the same machine - It was my father's machine as he was a watch repairer around the 1970's. I intend to put it up for sale but i'm unsure for how much. It's not been used for over 40 odd years so I don't know it's condition and I don't feel confident trying to power it.