Introduce Yourself Here

New to the community? We like to know who we are chatting with :)
So why not introduce yourself here first!

3249 topics in this forum

• 2 replies
  1. New to clock repair

• 5 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 1.8k views
  2. New to forum

• 2 replies
  3. New to forum

• 6 replies
    • 1.6k views
  4. New to forum

• 4 replies
  5. New to forum

• 5 replies
    • 2 replies
  6. New to Group

• 5 replies
    • 1 reply
  7. New to horology

• 4 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. New to my colection

• 4 replies
  9. New to Pocket Watches

• 3 replies
  10. New to site

• 5 replies
  11. NEW TO SITE

• 5 replies
    • 7 replies
  12. New to the

• 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 5 replies
  13. New to the community!

• 16 replies
  14. New to the Forum

• 2 replies
  15. New to the Forum

• 6 replies
  16. New To The Forum

• 19 replies
    • 1.9k views
  17. New to the forum

• 2 replies
    • 8 replies

• Topics

• I get that and you are right choosing a scope is not easy, I'm on with that at the moment and i wont go until i know i have it right. There is some very misleading info and video out there, my first big mistake came from just that. I would just hate to see any harm done when Alex made a simple boo boo. Anyway enough said lets us let this error disappear .
    • Sounds like they didn't open up the watch to assess it, just put it on a timegrapher. If they are going to say the warranty is void because of misuse/damage, showing case damage isn't sufficient.  I would want them to be specific about how the movement was damaged.  I'm never happy, but I try not to take it out on people who are trying to do good work 🙂 Cheers!
    • @Paul80, I've very much appreciate your posts.  Reviews of tools are very valuable, especially when one is taking a chance by buying from some place like AliExpress.   
    • We all do. I make plenty, but I try to correct them, and I appreciate it when I'm educated by others. These videos live forever,  very few are ever fixed. If someone is watching these for "entertainment", no harm done. If, however, they are like me, and trying to educate themselves, then watching a video that is supposedly for educational purposes and the information that is presented is wrong,  then I get really annoyed.  I spent a very long time trying to wade through all of the scattered and unhelpful info on these inspection scopes before I finally purchased one.  I was out of the electronics and electronics repair field before they were routinely used and available, so I had no experience with these types of microscopes.  Trying to figure out how the lenses all worked together to get  a certain level of magnification, field of view, and working distance was not easy. I think I got it right, but it took me *years* before I was ready to pull the trigger. I didn't have, and certainly don't have now, the kind of money where I can afford to make a mistake on an expensive piece of equipment like a good scope.  Muddying the waters is not helpful  
    • According to Nicklesilver that is exactly what it is called. The jaws are actually recessed so a lot thinner than they look. So my curiosity sparked up and i had a measure. A fraction under 0.7mm. I am guessing but i think Nicklesilver is the only other person that has one here. Never heard them mentioned until i was wanting to know what it was. At least you got it sorted with some good initiative and a sprinkling of bravery . What all good watch repairers endeavour to acquire 👍