Hi watch friends

MrWhippy

SkagenHi everyone,

I've always owned at least a few quartz watches that I had purchased because I liked their overall design. This typically led me to buy very slim dress watches such as this Skagen.

Over the last couple of years I've become more interested in the romance of the small ticking machines that are mechanical watches. I've now got a small collection of cheaper mechanical watches (the usual NH35 suspects, SNK800 etc.) and am begining to eye off some more expensive purchases for the future. For now I'd like to learn more about the servicing of the watches I have and the repair of a couple of "practise" watches I've been given. I'm an electronics engineer and figure that I work with very small components all day so 'how hard can it be?'. As you all would know - it turns out it's not exactly easy, especially when you're just starting out with a sub-optimal setup, cheap tools etc.

I'll post a question in the relevent area about a repair I'm currently attempting on a '50s "Services" watch so hopefully I'll hear from some of you there.

Thanks,

James (Australia)