• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today.... My 1940's Heuer Ref 347. Rugged looking watch with its battle scared dial. It has a Valjoux 22 under the hood. It's quite a large case for the time which gives it more of a contemporary

My 1961 Omega Constellation. Hard to believe its 60 years old. I don't think the Omega bracelet is correct . I believe these types came out in 62'. Doesn't matter since I like these more squared grain

1919 Burlington by Vortic Watch CO. USA

Posted Images

11 hours ago, GomBoo said:

^

TETO

They Eat Their Own? ? Oh.. to each their own...

image.png.f174a4a10dfd86505bfa1d2f17c83040.png

... well if you think that thing is off the wall, I'm sure I have some much, much odder stuff.

Maybe I should start a separate thread for the most off the wall watches.

• Like 2
Just now, AndyHull said:

They Eat Their Own? ? Oh.. to each their own...

image.png.f174a4a10dfd86505bfa1d2f17c83040.png

... well if you think that thing is off the wall, I'm sure I have some much, much odder stuff.

Maybe I should start a separate thread for the most off the wall watches.

I second the motion that you should start an "off the wall watches" thread.

RIMG0921.thumb.JPG.78daf41de404e5fab1143114a80f9748.JPG

You've set "off the wall" bar pretty high there. Here's a ... well I'm not actually sure what it is to be perfectly honest... but it is what it is.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Orient Star 'Explorient'. Any ideas for the date of this watch? Movement 48748, case ER0T C0 CS. This watch is 36mm diameter and has the latest version of the Orient Star logo so I'm thinking not that old. Any Orient experts out there?

IMG_20210418_220753053_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210418_220818417_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

I really like the 1940's art deco style but it's hard to find a large case. This one is unusual in that it's 28mm. 

It's one of my top 3 & I probably wear it as much as my black strap watch because oxblood goes with almost everything.

thumbnailzdgg.thumb.jpg.0f2577fb9efd3b2b9049d15b275803b0.jpg

Edited by SuspectDevice
  • Like 4
On 1/14/2021 at 8:42 PM, Poljot said:

Now it's back where it belongs to.

M - Copy.JPG

I love this. I had a similar pallet fork in a 137 year old Elgin I’ve been working on...

4EA97FCC-74BD-4795-B1D0-AC7CB1EB5820.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Well it certainly isn't shy about letting you know it is ticking.

image.png.30656ba0f8487096b3a5e9ca95b1416d.png

Its actually not too bad (for a 1967 Timex mechanical).

Not exactly COSC, but not bad, given that it is a slightly agricultural bit of 1960s technology, which almost certainly has only been serviced once in its lifetime since it left the Dundee factory all those years ago. Its seems to have survived my servicing reasonably well too, since it is still going strong more than two years later.

Edited by AndyHull

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.