Watch of Today

mk3

6 hours ago, anilv said:

The date quickset is by the button at 3 o'clock. I believe this button is a replacement...from where I don't know as it doesn't look like any pusher I've seen before.

Anil

doh! how did i miss that one? i have one just like it.

that button looks like something you'd see on an older tissot - or a junghans.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, oldhippy said:

If I look at anymore like this I'm going to screaming out of my home. :D

Please Amigo , don't do that . I have more but the sanity of the members of this fine forum is more important to me . I'll keep them hidden ,...even my "Dukes of Hazard " watch that plays Dixie , and my mp3 watch with over 300 songs on it ....:jig:

Edited by ricardopalamino
  • Like 1

Okay, here's one "you won't see coming or going" (that's an old expression used by one of the jewelry store owners I worked for way back when, to describe unique). It's a 12s, two tone Hampden 325. Just a 17j and pretty plain dial, single sunk and the octo case. Just some equal time for pwatch guys.:biggrin:DSCF0371.JPGDSCF0370.JPG

• Like 2

On 11/6/2016 at 2:29 PM, oldhippy said:

You will still need a jeweling tool to mount the jewel properly or a staking tool. So if you have one or the other or both you don't need the above tool. 

This tool pushes them out and back in.  Just make sure you choose the correct size end so that the tool only contacts the setting, not the jewel itself.  No need for a jeweling tool or staking set for jewels in settings (chatons).

On 11/8/2016 at 3:27 PM, ricardopalamino said:

Please Amigo , don't do that . I have more but the sanity of the members of this fine forum is more important to me . I'll keep them hidden ,...even my "Dukes of Hazard " watch that plays Dixie , and my mp3 watch with over 300 songs on it ....:jig:

Dukes of Hazard...with Dixie ...now that did it... coffee is now sprayed on my monitor in hilarity.

Well done, Ricardo, game and set on that one ...:D

Here's another alarm watch with the same Poljot movement as the previous - this time a Signal. I'm not sure of the age, but it was very well taken care of by the original owner, as the dial and case are pristine. I had to do a bit of work on this one recently, as the minute hand was about seventeen minutes off. So while I had it open, I painted the alarm set hand red to match the second hand; originally it was the same gold tone as the hour and minute hands, and was a bit confusing when checking the time. Of all the watches in my collection (not that many, actually), this is one of my favorites.

Gryf

signal.jpg

Edited by Gryf
  • Like 2