Elma Watch Cleaning Machine

6 minutes ago, Peterburke340 said:

I managed to get one off a retired watchmaker. It's in perfect condition too
It is quiet , efficient and quick!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great, how much did you have to pay out for this, if i may ask... perhaps you some day can make a little video showing how it works...

Edited by maclerche

We use an old Greiner vcs something, which does the job perfectly.

But what do you guys do about the cleaning solution smell? Even though we use an extra room with the windows open, the elma wf pro and suprol solution still make me dizzy.

Anybody got any tips?

Sorry for piggybacking your thread

On 2/1/2017 at 2:40 AM, oldhippy said:

I had the same as you "L&R  Vari-Matic" it was one hell of a cleaner, excellent results every time, when I retired I sold it.:thumbsd:I wish I hadn't.   

Sorry for your loss, OldHippy.  :(  I also had one of those wonderful monsters (L&R Vari-Matic) that my Dad used... but it was way too much for me.  I sold it and bought a used Watchmaster Mark II.  I had to ship the L&R... it was 70lbs!  I do miss it just because of the nostalgia factor, but I'll never clean enough watches to justify keeping it from a real watchmaker.  And since my new little house is very small... I'm happy to have the cute little Watchmaster. ;)  

Shirley 

1 hour ago, highquality said:

We use an old Greiner vcs something, which does the job perfectly.

But what do you guys do about the cleaning solution smell? Even though we use an extra room with the windows open, the elma wf pro and suprol solution still make me dizzy.

Anybody got any tips?

Sorry for piggybacking your thread

I had an electric air extractor that I would switch on and get rid of the fumes that way.

On 30/1/2017 at 9:25 AM, SSTEEL said:

The seller on ebay I referred to appears to no longer sell the new blue type.

The blue new one on eBay are in no way like a Elma Super Elite.  They don't have the drive shaft running thrue the motor like the Elma. The finish are very poor and the basket's looks like sh..

If you think "it's good enough for my needs" so you're going to regret later. I'm sorry but i would rather have a good used Elma

Edited by maclerche
wrong font

On 16/3/2017 at 10:50 PM, Peterburke340 said:

I paid £1200. It is in mint condition. I am really pleased with it. It has made my work/time management a lot easier!!! It is also very quiet.
There are quite a few videos on YouTube if you search under Elma RM90

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well i think i will save up some more money and have one like that.... there was one on auction at Fellows today it was sold for £1100 + 25% buyer's premium....  i think it's the price for one in good shape like yours

On 24/3/2017 at 0:57 PM, Rafal said:

Im reposting diagram for RM90

SP_RM_90_D.pdf

Thanks "Rafal" for repost the RM90 diagram :woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon:

Can anyone tell what doe's make the "turning disc" turn ?

I see a motor for time that make the cyclus time. A motor for lifting the basket up and down. And finaly a motor for turning the cleaning basket.

But what the h... make's the "turn table" turn ?? Have anyone have a look inside a RM90?

I have early model of this automatic machine and there is motor to turn wheel which is changing baskets, its all mechanical, I mean wheel is turning and pushing some lever. I suppose there will be similar setup, as this machine seems to be the same except some more modern electronics inside.

10 hours ago, Rafal said:

I mean wheel is turning and pushing some lever. I suppose there will be similar setup, as this machine seems to be the same except some more modern electronics inside.

It makes sense, it is very conceivable that the lift unit in some way may push the round table around in a mechanical way….. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Hiren said:

Where is the best place to sell one? I'm not into the eBay thing their fees are horrific!

In my experience although eBay seems pricey it is still the best to sell or buy. The reason is it has a massive amount of followers. I have tried other sellers such as "preloved"etc but I found  them poor to say the least.

• Like 1

Yeah. I think eBay it is. It's a shame I can't sell it here or on other forums. At least you know it's going to a proper enthusiast who's part of a nice community.

I'm also reluctant in parting with it as it belonged to my dad. Sadly he passed away with motor neurone disease on 1st july so still suffering from the loss.

Might hold on to it for a bit longer even though I'm not using it....

• 3 weeks later...
I was told by the guy who restored my "L&R  Vari-Matic" that it ultra sonic cleans in all three baskets while washing. The new watch cleaning machines (£3000 +) only ultra sonic the first basket & many Elma machines wash only.
@clockboy
Would you share whom you use to restore your L&R machine? I have two really three that I want restored? If it no worries I am reaching out to a guy in Texas too.
Hary

On 7-8-2017 at 3:32 PM, Hiren said:

Yeah. I think eBay it is. It's a shame I can't sell it here or on other forums. At least you know it's going to a proper enthusiast who's part of a nice community.

I'm also reluctant in parting with it as it belonged to my dad. Sadly he passed away with motor neurone disease on 1st july so still suffering from the loss.

Might hold on to it for a bit longer even though I'm not using it....

A shame you cannot sell it here?....its a clear policy you must have read before signing up. I think you are just trying to find a buyer here. There are loads of fora to sell it

A shame you cannot sell it here?....its a clear policy you must have read before signing up. I think you are just trying to find a buyer here. There are loads of fora to sell it
Of course I read the policy! But there's no harm in asking if people know of dedicated forums or auctions for professional equipment is there? [emoji35]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Gary said:

@clockboy
Would you share whom you use to restore your L&R machine? I have two really three that I want restored? If it no worries I am reaching out to a guy in Texas too.
Hary

The guy I used was Graham Baxter to be found @ http://www.delphelectronics.co.uk/services.html

• 3 weeks later...

To RAFAL. I also have one of these but it is not at present functioning correctly and on one of the stages it appears to emit a little smoke from somewhere. I have tried to open your attachment for the wiring diagram without success, could you please let me have a link or copy please.Also did you ever manage to obtain the manual for this machine? I would dearly like to know the how the machine functions from when you switch on and press the start button and what the timer does and when. Regards in anticipation, atkinson.

here is a link, it seems to work: https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=18171

but its diagaram for RM-90 not for this machine. Regardng manual, Elma says they have only one page german manual, Im not at home at this moment and dont have access to it, but you can get in touch with Elma support (on their website), just fill in info they need in contact form, serial number etc. and ask for manual. They are helpful, but dont have much about this devices. Regarding smoke form your machine,  do you now on which step it does it? Fist I would check heater which is last step (one without a jar), it can be disconected if you want - cable which gos down in one of pilars - there is small junction with screws. My machine is generaly working, but for some reason its out of sync and dont  lift bucket when it suppouse to - this can be overided manually so I still can use it, I dont know how to fix it, all automation is semi mechancal/electrical....

Rafal