Elma Watch Cleaning Machine

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, I’ve recently purchased Elma WP Pro watch cleaning solution from Cousins UK. I’ve not had chance to try it out yet but wondered what results any of you may have had with it, good or bad. I planned to use the volition in small sealed beakers / jam jars in my ultrasonic tank.

This will be the first ammoniated cleaner I’ve used, and so I’ll carry out the decanting of cleaner into the small jars in a well vented area, possibly out in my garage.

I’d be interested in hearing how you guys use the cleaner and the results you get.

Kind regards Deggsie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Afternoon All, I hope you are all well!

I hope someone can help. Not so long ago I picked up an Elma Super Elite watch cleaning machine - alas without any jars. Is anyone aware of a cheaper alternative jar that can be used with the machine or will I have to purchase from Cousins or somewhere similar? (The one currently being sold by HS Walsh on eBay is a tad too expensive!)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

Looking for some advice on what kind of grease you would use for the maintenance of the machine itself. 

I want to ensure the proper workings of the machine. I’d love to be able to take this thing completely apart but not sure where to even start. 

Has anyone here ever serviced one of these before?

Any advice would be highly appreciated!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Latvas, I am new to this forum and just came across this post.  I have the exact machine for restoration (lots required) and am very interested in how you achieved such a great outcome, particularly the ID tags, Elma emblems/transfers/stickers and the timer dial. Were these still in good condition or did you have to restore these separately? Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Kind regards, John

PS The AUS Motor switch has three positions (AUS which makes the basket rotate clockwise; the centre position that stops the motor; and Motor which doesn't seem to do anything). Can you let me know what the three positions are actually supposed to do because I am not certain if it is currently wired correctly. 

I also own the exact same machine: Elma Elite.
With this machine, the motor is moved to the fixed position of the jars.

This is different with Elma Record where the base does rotate the jars to the fixed position of the motor (like a carousel).

To my little knowledge, the motor in the Elite rotates the basket only in one direction. I think, the L&R cleaning machines have an alternating function - just as OldHippie describes.

This matches the switch on my machine: it‘s a toggle switch, that offers two positions: on and off - labeled as „Motor“ and „Aus“.

Hope, this might help.

Cheers
Thorsten

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Morning everyone.  I have followed the strip down procedures that some members have undertaken for restoring their Super Elite watch cleaning machine. They have been great. There have been a couple of comments about the difficulty in removing the shaft from the base unit. I am at that stage now.  To anyone who has done this, is there a trick to dismantling the shaft from the base?  If there is, I have not been able to work it out.

All assistance greatly received. Cheer, John 

JAHM,
I believe your original switch has been replaced with a 3 - way switch which is connected to work as a simple 2 - way one. Might have been a lack of a proper switch when repaired. Those switches got cracked from time to time ;)

Thanks Rafau.  You are spot on. When I pulled most of it apart last weekend, there was an aftermarket 3 position switch in place with the lower portion not wired in. Obviously the original failed at some time in the past. 

Looks like I'll be sourcing another one.  Cheers, John

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...