Elma Watch Cleaning Machine

2 hours ago, Mark said:

That one doesn't have the transducer - but very true what you said.

I had two varimatics with the ultrasonic units but I prefer my elma super elite - it's manual but never have a problem with it, plus I get to keep the watch in the jars for much longer should I want to.

Sorry, I thought all the "vari matic" ones had ultrasonic and the none ultrasonic ones were called "watch matic" or something else.

I looked at buying one a couple of weeks ago and rang this company below about getting the ultrasonics repaired, he has a fully updated refurbished one for sale at £2200, he quoted me the £1600 to refurb one.

http://www.delphelectronics.co.uk/pre-owned-machines.htm

3 hours ago, Tiktok said:

Sorry, I thought all the "vari matic" ones had ultrasonic and the none ultrasonic ones were called "watch matic" or something else.

I looked at buying one a couple of weeks ago and rang this company below about getting the ultrasonics repaired, he has a fully updated refurbished one for sale at £2200, he quoted me the £1600 to refurb one.

http://www.delphelectronics.co.uk/pre-owned-machines.htm

That's Graham Baxter - he's a very good chap. His workshop is just down the road from me.

The L&R shown in the OP definitely does not have a transducer (Big metal cylinder where the basket will be attached). But it can be converted to ultrasonic with the addition of a unit which sits under the main machine, and the transducer which is fitted to the head.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark said:

That's Graham Baxter - he's a very good chap. His workshop is just down the road from me.

The L&R shown in the OP definitely does not have a transducer (Big metal cylinder where the basket will be attached). But it can be converted to ultrasonic with the addition of a unit which sits under the main machine, and the transducer which is fitted to the head.

That's right Mark.

5 hours ago, Mark said:

Yeah, that's him Grayham Baxter, he really knows his stuff, I was talking to him for ages on the phone. He was really helpful.

• 8 months later...

That was my point the R90 is now obsolete and was been replaced by the "Elmasolve RM" which retails at £3k +.

You have got to do lots and lots of repairs to get any sort of return for that sort of outlay.  If you can find a pre-owned one and source replacement parts then it might be a viable option. However if my info is correct they are also not as efficient as the the old L & R machines. 

• 1 month later...
On 28/1/2017 at 10:04 PM, Peterburke340 said:

I know they don't come up very often but am looking to buy an Elma RM90 watch cleaning machine if anyone has one or knows of one for sale. I am uk based.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elma RM90 is on my wish list as well. Some of these machines have problems with the wire to the motor. You may be lucky and find one and maybe you can fix it ... It's such a machine with this mistake im looking for!

RM 90 19$ repair >>>

More about this problem >>>

I've occasionally seen this elma at online auctions, I have seen them there at very fair price

An old auction >>>

Another old auction >>>

I hope you get one some day... good luck

20 minutes ago, teegee said:

Interesting machine!

L&R vari-matics seem impossible to obtain these days, unless you don't mind paying USD 2k..

Expensive yes but one hell of a cleaning machine and all automatic, you can set the timing for each jar for how long you want it to be in the cleaning jar and for both rinse jars and heater and spin off. There is even a part which enables you to clean many watches at the same time. I used a few machines in my days and this one is certainly the tops.