First service of Lady's watch

I've worked on a few mechanicals that size.  One of them that comes to mind was a little Kingston with an FHF-60, and another was a Seiko with a 4206B.  And that Seiko was crammed full: sweep second, automatic plus day and date, all in that tiny little package.  They aren't really much different to work on than larger movements.  Like you all mention, the small size is the main thing that presents challenges.  And I am sad, also, that some of these miniature marvels don't get more respect, and aren't in greater demand.

I do have a daughter, though, who adores the little cocktail watches.  She's seen the ones that I've worked upon.  I am looking for a vintage one that suits her, as a gift.  She will likely cherish it more than anyone else has in a long time.

• Like 1

Worked on a few ladies watches. Don't think I could do it if I didn't work under the microscope.

One was the only Rolex I've serviced, a Cal 2230, 20mm dia. automatic. Gave me palpitations handling the balance 😨But it was a beautiful movement to work on. It's the only movement I've worked on that didn't need any adjusting after a service.

The hardest I've worked on is an Omega Cal 455, 16mm dia, automatic, with a sweep second. Very fiddly
I still have it, waiting for a new balance, as I trashed the hairspring trying to adjust it.
The hairspring is about 3mm diameter, so even with the smallest tweezers, it's not really possibly to tweak it (well not for me)

• Like 2

Just finished one of these movements in an Avia ladies watch.  Was impressed how well made the movement was.  All parts nicely polished and even had adjustable beat error on the regulator. Got really good amplitude and zero beat error after a bit of fiddling.  After letting it settle down through a full run time cycle (46 hrs!) and another full wind there was no discernable gain or loss over 36 hrs, very impressive. Not got any pics unfortunately.  Only downside was single top plate for barrel and gear train, so a little delicate fiddling required. I do  lot of ladies watches, small calibers, so now used to the very small parts.  Makes larger calibers seem massive afterwards!!!

• Like 2