Which Watch Have You Got Coming In The Mail ? Show Us !!!

SCOTTY

3 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Let's hope the corrosion is external only.  The first thing I would do with the Avia, is cut off the strap and bin it.

Bit harsh there Richy old boy,  ohhh bin the strap 😄

5 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Don't worry all the straps are going complete with the DNA I got for free with them. Not quite the most disgusting watches I've received. That prize goes to the fishy smelling Accurist I got a couple of months back. 

🤢 🤮

• Haha 2

On 9/6/2023 at 12:21 PM, Neverenoughwatches said:

Not technically in the mail but this has just arrived to me. A nice little gem i thought to continue my collection of military watches. This is a Cortebert made ATP watch, one of the forerunners of the WWW designated MOD watches. One of 17 or so brands, i think its around mid rarity of the ATPS, kicking myself a little as a few weeks ago i let a Grana slip through my hands and also another watch with the same movement as the Grana, for not a great deal more than this. This Cortebert has softened the blow, good condition in a stainless case and ticks away nicely.  

20230906_095826.jpg

20230906_095818.jpg

Today another 2 military watches arrived.  An unsigned dial  Enicar ATP and a Rotary. Collection is slowly growing. To date the Record WWW my prized precious, and ATPs Cortebert Enicar  and Rotary. Good day today, I'm broke for the month but happy 😊.  

20230914_102517.jpg

20230914_102738.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

This 

Screenshot_20230914_103654_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230914_103642_eBay.jpg

I quite like the Everite watches, this has a good military look about it. Whats on the caseback Rich ?

2 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

I quite like the Everite watches, this has a good military look about it. Whats on the caseback Rich ?

This is the aim 🙂

Screenshot_20230914-104433_Chrome.jpg

4 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Nothing interesting. £4. It's running but the minute hand sometimes stops moving. 

Screenshot_20230914_104713_eBay.jpg

I wouldn't say that Rich, a nice screwdown back, non magnetic, traditionally signed waterproof caseback, sub dial, syringe lumed hands, big boy crown, a serial number Theres a lot of military going on. Have you dated the engine ?

21 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

I wouldn't say that Rich, a nice screwdown back, non magnetic, traditionally signed waterproof caseback, sub dial, syringe lumed hands, big boy crown, a serial number Theres a lot of military going on. Have you dated the engine ?

I haven't got it yet so I don't know what the movement is. 

AsPurchased1-l1600.thumb.jpg.0b485ba02530130e2dcaec3474112bf7.jpg

Another 404 club watch. Looks like maybe a paper dial, and almost certainly a low grade movement, but at 0.99p it should provide a little low cost fun. If you look closely at the second hand, it is actually snagged on the minute hand. I doubt if that is the only issue with it, but you never know. The two have been like that for a long time judging by the corrosion. I'm intrigued to know exactly what is inside it and where it was made.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, rehajm said:

Ya know there's only twelve of the other ones 🤣...

...and of the ATP lot do you have a favourite?

58 minutes ago, rehajm said:

Ya know there's only twelve of the other ones 🤣...

...and of the ATP lot do you have a favourite?

The Ebel has something extra about it with the Merc hour hand. Rarity is always nice  the Reconvilier, but most are quite small and i have stupidly large hands for a 5' 9" bloke the Rotary is the largest. 

• Haha 1

image.thumb.png.43f1f7477c60906f538d6b2bb35fdd53.png

A random assortment of low cost mechanicals is on its way.

The USSR era Sekonda 19 jewel is hopefully a 2609.ha, and if so, it will probably donate its balance to a project that has been sitting waiting for a suitable donor for a while.

There is also a gents dress "Corteal", which is almost certainly another USSR era watch, with a Chaika 1601a in it. 

Also in the pile is a mystery perhaps Swiss "Dany", a couple of Rotaries, and a Grovana 17 jewel ladies, and an unknown brand ladies quartz with its back missing.

On 9/14/2023 at 10:57 AM, Neverenoughwatches said:

It's an AS 984.

• Like 1

AsPurchasedFront1-l1600.thumb.png.0bbe914eb3036028bba67f3902cb9da5.png

A "Craftsman", possibly in a Dennison case. I have no idea what is actually in it, but a number of similar watches online have a Cyma 990 15 jewel 3 adjustment calibre, so I may get lucky.

As to its age, anywhere from the late 1930s to the early 1950s would be my guess.

Obviously it needs a crystal and hands, but if the balance staff has survived, and if it is what I think it is, then it is 99 pence (plus postage) well spent.

AsPurchasedRear2s-l1600.thumb.jpg.d6a9838ea78a69acf8dc08757cc0cefb.jpg

AsPurchasedRear1-l1600.thumb.png.ff6f2ca010ccbdf2f8cf0740a3240911.png

Edited by AndyHull
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, AndyHull said:

A "Craftsman", possibly in a Dennison case. I have no idea what is actually in it, but a number of similar watches online have a Cyma 990 15 jewel 3 adjustment calibre, so I may get lucky.

As to its age, anywhere from the late 1930s to the early 1950s would be my guess.

Obviously it needs a crystal and hands, but if the balance staff has survived, and if it is what I think it is, then it is 99 pence (plus postage) well spent.

For 99p you can't go wrong.  The dial looks in great condition and the case should clean up nicely. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AndyHull said:

Thats will be a little cracker of a pocketwatch Andy especially if its a Cyma.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Another Army pattern on its way. This time a Timor, that makes a count of four. I'm hoping the strap is an original army issue. 

Screenshot_20230924-175923_eBay.jpg

Well done. You are on a roll with these. With four how many to go- sixteen? Aren't there a couple where the same maker has very unique versions where it is worth capturing both?

Edited by rehajm

12 hours ago, rehajm said:

Well done. You are on a roll with these. With four how many to go- sixteen? Aren't there a couple where the same maker has very unique versions where it is worth capturing both?

There were 17 makers, 4 of which Ebel, Lemania, Revue and Timor made 2 different versions but there are also a few black dial versions ( not Dirty Dozen ). But i would be perfectly happy with just one version of each maker 😄.  I nearly had the Revue 57 last week but someone pipped me to the post. 

13 hours ago, RichardHarris123 said:

If the strap is original, what do you intend to do?  I would want to wash it to within an inch of its life. 

Lol. Thats a tough question for me, i like things to look as pristine as possible but love originality. Sympathic restoration is so important, without that kind of care something significant can be ruined.

3 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

here were 17 makers, 4 of which Ebel, Lemania, Revue and Timor made 2 different versions but there are also a few black dial versions ( not Dirty Dozen ). But i would be perfectly happy with just one version of each maker 😄.  I nearly had the Revue 57 last week but someone pipped me to the post. 

Ah thank you. I wasn’t aware of the black versions- I believe I saw one yesterday flanked by dogs in a auction lot. The pics were poor and I wondered if they had the description wrong. 

Edited by rehajm
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, rehajm said:

Ah thank you. I wasn’t aware of the black versions- I believe I saw one yesterday flanked by dogs in a auction lot. The pics were poor and I wondered if they had the description wrong. 

How clear was the picture of it. There are lots of black dial military type watches. Was there a view of the case back ? Which country are you in ?