Which Watch Have You Got Coming In The Mail ? Show Us !!!

SCOTTY

31 minutes ago, AndyHull said:

RIMG0612.thumb.JPG.9c3abb07770c7f6b9ce6e39f883c2355.JPG

Good guess. 925 silver, stem wind and set, lever escapement.

RIMG0613.thumb.JPG.c0bab049f39b957ce37ddad8376c1124.JPG

Sadly it seems it needs a balance staff I think, or at least the balance is unseated for some reason and I'll not get a chance to work on it for a while I suspect.

Everything else about the mechanism, at least visually, appears to be intact, although there is some evidence of previous work, including a service mark on the lid.

I'll no doubt find any other gremlins when I strip it down.

It also needs a stem, and removing what is left of the existing one and finding a replacement for the balance staff and the stem may be a little bit of a challenge.

RIMG0618.thumb.JPG.42b3d454bd1de4df174d5960a881e84e.JPG

However it is Sterling (92.5%) silver. As you can see,  quick buff with a polishing cloth has chased all of the tarnish away, so while it currently may no be running, it does look quite attractive.

RIMG0615.JPG

Nice catch. If you can identify the movement then you at least stand a chance with locating a stem and staff.

• Like 1

RIMG0623.thumb.JPG.63119cba8d250e23e82ba825a03d101c.JPG

The 99p Kienzle lives. Here it is next to my Citizen Quartz mechanical alarm from around 1989.

When it arrived, it had an ominous stink of WD40 when I opened the packaging, so a bath in lighter fluid was needed to clean all the gunk out of it.
Once stripped, cleaned and lubricated, it run nicely. 

Sadly the same cannot be said for a second slightly older one I picked up recently. Someone has completely mangled both the palette fork and the hairspring in that one.
Oh well, you don't win them all. I may try to "unfankle" the fork and hairspring on the other one, but I think they may a lost cause.

RIMG0624.JPG

RIMG0625.JPG

Edited by AndyHull
  • Like 3

An Inventic pocket watch. This is almost certainly a low cost un-jewelled lever escapement, although the listing didn't show the mechanism.

It is also possibly more likely to have been a "trench watch" than a lot of watches that are advertised as such since it has no doubt somewhat radioactive lume, and large hands, of the sort that would have been useful in the trenches.

It easily qualifies for the 404 club at a mere 0.99p plus shipping.

AsPurchased1Cropped-l1600.jpg

More info about Inventic can be found  -> here <-

Edited by AndyHull
  • Like 5

AsPrchasedCropped-l1600.jpg.8c3004832f7d2ad1f26f9ca7df511bc2.jpg

An "Uno" branded 17 jewel gents dress watch. 

It was just a few pennies over the 404 club qualifying boundary, but I rather liked the look of it.

Uno was a brand name of both " Dimier Frères & Cie."  and "Fabrique d'Horlogerie Chs. Tissot & Fils", both of which are/were quality manufacturers. 

Probably from the 1960s (or possibly late 1950s).

There were no pictures of the mechanism, so this is completely pot luck, however I found a nearly identical watch online which contains this Peseux 192A.

image.png.79d404375f7cce9657789d90d7d2a96a.png

So I'm hoping this one is the same. Time will tell.

Edited by AndyHull
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyHull said:

It was just a few pennies over the 404 club qualifying boundary, but I rather liked the look of it.

Uno was a brand name of both " Dimier Frères & Cie."  and "Fabrique d'Horlogerie Chs. Tissot & Fils", both of which are/were quality manufacturers. 

There were no pictures of the mechanism, so this is completely pot luck, however I found a nearly identical watch online which contains this.

Can't wait to see. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 8:06 PM, AndyHull said:

There were no pictures of the mechanism, so this is completely pot luck, however I found a nearly identical watch online which contains this Peseux 192A.

Well, it finally arrived, and it isn't a Peseux 192A, however it is in fact an AS 1130 with a very similar finish. I'll post some pictures once I have had a chance to take a look at it in more depth.

• Like 1

RIMG0943.thumb.JPG.44f76c432b9432d6432efbe7e018fbaf.JPG

I have the AS 1130 "Wehrmachtswerk" UNO running like a champ (+10s/d 0.1ms beat error and around 260 degrees of swing). When it arrived it was gummed up solid, so much so that I feared the balance was damaged. I'm going to wear it for the next day or so, to let it settle down.

RIMG0939.thumb.JPG.a5f2d7d4c6f30c1921a3d4100ff4ccd0.JPG

It does need a crown, and a crystal, but otherwise it appears to be in good shape. I can't claim credit for the hatchet marks around the balance bridge screw, they were there when it arrived. Interestingly there were no service marks on the case back, so I have no idea when the scratches might have occurred. 

RIMG0938.thumb.JPG.4350ed92d00f31fedd8cfc94c78d7f1d.JPG

The AS 1130 is a well thought out and well constructed movement, and pretty simple to work on and the watch itself is a nice eye catching design, with its gold plated case and  classic sub-dialled face. The dial is immaculate (any imperfections you see are on the crystal). The case does have a little wear on it, but nothing obvious when worn.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Karon said:

4k_60ca6ca5758ef04fe6a449ad-Edited-300x403.jpg.e5bb1d9e12c6b0a49c4b8c23fda856cc.jpg

Thats a nice ladies watch Karon are you looking forward to receiving it ?

Picked these up from ebay, i have a feeling that one  of them has the bezel insert I've been after for over a year now. So hopefully i can finally get my Smiths diver back together 🤞. I'm expecting to see an EB 8800 in at least one of these. And as a bonus the bottom one is a Citizen Promaster diver although missing its time setting stem.

Screenshot_20230429-103706_eBay.jpg

2 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Thats a nice ladies watch Karon are you looking forward to receiving it ?

Picked these up from ebay, i have a feeling that one  of them has the bezel insert I've been after for over a year now. So hopefully i can finally get my Smiths diver back together 🤞. I'm expecting to see an EB 8800 in at least one of these. And as a bonus the bottom one is a Citizen Promaster diver although missing its time setting stem.

Screenshot_20230429-103706_eBay.jpg

The one second from the bottom on the left of the photograph looks to have a resin filled bezel very similar to the Squale I've just fixed up. What make is that?

30 minutes ago, SpringMangler said:

The one second from the bottom on the left of the photograph looks to have a resin filled bezel very similar to the Squale I've just fixed up. What make is that?

Thats the one I'm hoping the bezel will fit my smiths which is resin filled with set in markers. The mafkers are set out identical to mine. The dial says deluxe which also may indicate a Smiths, again 🤞

Screenshot_20230429-131803_eBay.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Thats the one I'm hoping the bezel will fit my smiths which is resin filled with set in markers. The mafkers are set out identical to mine. The dial says deluxe which also may indicate a Smiths, again 🤞

Screenshot_20230429-131803_eBay.jpg

Be interesting to know if it's the same pig of a bezel to remove as that on the Squale. Let us know how you get on.

1 hour ago, Nucejoe said:

Bought this Seiko Lord matic 5619A for 30 bucks with return option, suppose to match its nominal accuracy.

https://esam.ir/item/25500899/ساعت-مچی-سیکو?idPurPayItem=3794501

A Question,   Whsts a mid grade watch?   does mid grade refer to its escapement or the watch as a whole?

To me If that description if coming from someone with only a little watch knowledge and non technical, i guess the watch as a whole. Maybe should have said mid or low priced luxury. That sounds like a very good price i would have expected more like a couple of hundred.

1 hour ago, Nucejoe said:

Bought this Seiko Lord matic 5619A for 30 bucks with return option, suppose to match its nominal accuracy.

https://esam.ir/item/25500899/ساعت-مچی-سیکو?idPurPayItem=3794501

A Question,   Whsts a mid grade watch?   does mid grade refer to its escapement or the watch as a whole?

It applies to the movement.  

11 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

It applies to the movement.  

So, besides precision gears/ pinions and  well polished pivots, whatelse outisde the escapement has to do with grade of a movement? 

TIA

Bought this Seiko lord matic caliber 5606 ,  just seen this picture of it, seller is  a trusted repairman in another town and has sold me about 400 vintage watches which I keep in my collection, plus tons of spare part. This watch is suppose to be in supereb shape. 

IMG-20230419-WA0000.jpg

2 hours ago, ManSkirtBrew said:

I accidentally bought a probably not working Timex SSQ from the 70s. I'm such a sucker for the aesthetic of the era.

image.thumb.png.cbf3c0454759a5cbc4d2bf1e7fbffc82.png

Can't you accidently send it back? 

4 hours ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Accidentally

I made an offer that I didn't expect the seller to accept, and all of a sudden I was at the checkout screen. I blame the beer.

3 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Can't you accidently send it back? 

I could, but for the $20 I offered, I'm going to see what's inside. I figure at worst I can use the case to practice buffing and restoring.

• Like 2