Watch of Today

mk3

If you folks get tired of me posting my watches, just let me know! :huh:
I wasn't sure how a white dial would look as a pilot style watch. I got really lucky with the Printing of this dial. It turned out very clean with nice, sharp edges.. 
BTW, I test all my watches with the same strap...no, I didn't buy hundreds of them![emoji3]
IMG_20170607_124346479_HDR.thumb.jpg.4a1861789dcb8aa49cfe86530ba96e67.jpg

Job well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Hi guys,

Wearing a Titoni Cosmo 22 today.

Titoni was a popular brand based in Switzerland but with its primary market in Asia. It seems to be still around but not as popular as before. Their 'Airmaster' line was very popular back in the day and they also have a 'Seascoper' diver model. The early model Seascopers go for good money. I have a later one which I'll post here one of these days.

I believe the original company was 'Felca' which changed its name to Titoni in the early sixties.

I've had this for around 20years now. This watch was brought to me for repair but it would've have cost too much to repair (ETA 2836) as it was badly damaged by water. The owner ended up buying a new watch and this was left with me as he had no use for it. A few years later I managed to get hold of a bunch of movements off the internet and one of these was a running ETA2836. This was serviced and installed in this watch, together with the original Titoni Rotor. The dial and chapter ring were badly damaged. The blue part was touched up a bit by dabbing a sharpie on it. The black parts were the worst and these were refilled with the same sharpie. Hands escaped the carnage and still have the blue line, matching the dial. The seconds hand is not original to the watch, neither is the crown The chapter ring was totally unusable and I sanded it back to bare metal and sprayed it with some silver paint. The sharpie was again pressed into service to draw the hour marks. If I open this watch again I'll re-do it in a darker colour, it's too garish now. I'll probably replace the crown and day-wheel (damaged writing) at the same time.

P_20170621_092212.thumb.jpg.0483774879ca4c8c11bfa542e9624f8e.jpg

The case-back has the Titoni Sakura flower deeply embossed.

P_20170621_092228.thumb.jpg.9d7a31b0eb2202b31f62cbd3467a36ae.jpg

I've not touched the movement since I serviced it and with a few shakes it was off and running.

It's on an aftermarket bracelet and wears well for a large (@ 37-8mm) watch.

Anilv

• Like 2

Just bought this Buren 17 jewel automatic watch on eBay for $9. Auction stated it wasn't running. When I tore the movement down I noticed  the two dial screws had come loose and jammed up the works. Just took a good cleaning and a polishing to the crystal to make it look almost brand new! 

I posted a picture of the Buren watch from the actual auction listing as well.B)

IMG_20170620_201053.jpg

IMG_20170620_210546.jpg

• Like 2

Hi guys,
Wearing a Titoni Cosmo 22 today.
Titoni was a popular brand based in Switzerland but with its primary market in Asia. It seems to be still around but not as popular as before. Their 'Airmaster' line was very popular back in the day and they also have a 'Seascoper' diver model. The early model Seascopers go for good money. I have a later one which I'll post here one of these days.
I believe the original company was 'Felca' which changed its name to Titoni in the early sixties.
I've had this for around 20years now. This watch was brought to me for repair but it would've have cost too much to repair (ETA 2836) as it was badly damaged by water. The owner ended up buying a new watch and this was left with me as he had no use for it. A few years later I managed to get hold of a bunch of movements off the internet and one of these was a running ETA2836. This was serviced and installed in this watch, together with the original Titoni Rotor. The dial and chapter ring were badly damaged. The blue part was touched up a bit by dabbing a sharpie on it. The black parts were the worst and these were refilled with the same sharpie. Hands escaped the carnage and still have the blue line, matching the dial. The seconds hand is not original to the watch, neither is the crown The chapter ring was totally unusable and I sanded it back to bare metal and sprayed it with some silver paint. The sharpie was again pressed into service to draw the hour marks. If I open this watch again I'll re-do it in a darker colour, it's too garish now. I'll probably replace the crown and day-wheel (damaged writing) at the same time.
P_20170621_092212.thumb.jpg.0483774879ca4c8c11bfa542e9624f8e.jpg
The case-back has the Titoni Sakura flower deeply embossed.
P_20170621_092228.thumb.jpg.9d7a31b0eb2202b31f62cbd3467a36ae.jpg
I've not touched the movement since I serviced it and with a few shakes it was off and running.
It's on an aftermarket bracelet and wears well for a large (@ 37-8mm) watch.
Anilv

A good looking running watch

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nice watch and strap. Cousins do a nice brown crocodile strap as well

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks [emoji106]
I did see theirs but....
• Don't take PayPal
• Take longer than 7 days to send
• More expensive than Vietnam

Sent from my Honor 5c

• Like 1

This is what I have on tonight...

Seiko 7009-3040 - bought it off eBay from thailandsmiles (?). Supposed to be a military model with the secondary hour markers. Keeps great time and has a pretty decent reserve. The crown is really hard to pull out to adjust... I'm certain it needs some cleaning. The lume is extremely limited and pretty faded, and it's extremely light. I almost forget I'm wearing it. I don't know if the folded metal band is original, but it fits the lugs well and looks decent with the watch.

IMG_2586 (1).JPG

• Like 3

Seiko 7009-3040 - bought it off eBay from thailandsmiles (?).

I was scrolling this thread backward so the picture before the description, and immediately wondered how strikingly Thai or perhaps Indian that fake dial looked like :) Take my comment amicably, I was talking to a collector today and he told me that the shiny bullhead for same on ebay are made in Thailand with fixed push buttons... nothing wrong with that, I just hope I will be able to find these wonderful factories myself and post about!

Today, I'm test driving a manual wind 1960's Waltham wristwatch. Swiss made, AS 1803 movement with red date function in a 14k gold filled case. 

Service on it was pretty straight forward.. although the stem that was installed was in terrible condition...it was made by someone who didn't do a very good job...

Funny thing is I was going to make a new one but recognize this stem as something I may already have. Turns out that a ETA 2824 stem fits perfectly in this movement. I have a whole batch of those so I didn't have to make one!:jig:

IMG_20170626_113424.jpg

• Like 2

By the way if anyone knows where I can find a replacement plastic Crystal with magnified date for this Waltham watch feel free to let me know!

You can polish the present crystal practically to perfection. Otherwise you can use a generic crystal, and reuse the "cyclop". It's simply glued on and will come off with a bit of heat.

You can polish the present crystal practically to perfection. Otherwise you can use a generic crystal, and reuse the "cyclop". It's simply glued on and will come off with a bit of heat.

I actually did polished all the scratches out, but there's a couple of small cracks around the edges.  Also, the cyclops is mounted underneath the Crystal and not on top..I'm not so sure I can add heat to a plastic Crystal to try and remove it? If worse comes to worse, i can easily source a plastic Crystal without it. The date is pretty large without the magnifier but I think it's pretty cool looking with it..