Rolex GMT 1675 stops , crown comes out.

12 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

:D

I mean...the watchmaker dropped the watch and he said: "don't worry it hit the ground in flat position, that doesn't create problems" ... Pretty shocking in all senses of the word to me. Ofco**BLEEP** this can happen but it is his remark that made me shiver. Also I really am surprised for the time it took for a service, say 4 months...(unless it goes to Switzerland for service which is kinda standard here in the Lowlands as not many watchmakers can get hold of parts) and he wasn't asking any payment...but I hope it keeps on running like it should.

Edited by Watchtime

6 hours ago, Watchtime said:

I mean...the watchmaker dropped the watch and he said: "don't worry it hit the ground in flat position, that doesn't create problems" ... Pretty shocking in all senses of the word to me. Ofco**BLEEP** this can happen but it is his remark that made me shiver. Also I really am surprised for the time it took for a service, say 4 months...(unless it goes to Switzerland for service which is kinda standard here in the Lowlands as not many watchmakers can get hold of parts) and he wasn't asking any payment...but I hope it keeps on running like it should.

5 hours ago, oldhippy said:

He sounds a bit of a cowboy to me. Definitely one to avoid at all costs. 

Ok here's the news, the watch stopped at 15:04 ... strangely it ran for 50 hours and an half.

4 and an half months wasted waiting for this guy to fix the watch.

I am contacting Rolex, I don't see other options at this point.

25 minutes ago, jaycey said:

Send a 1675 to Rolex....Nooooo!

They have a habit of taking lovely vintage dials etc. and replacing them with fugly service parts.

I previously asked what policy they have about this and they said if I want to keep dial and hands I have to tell the service center. Maybe in Italy they are more flexible as I know in USA they'll replace those parts.

Edited by chriz74