Seiko KInetic 7L22 stopped ticking

USRCA

Why did you remove the stem?

What else did you do after removing the stem?

Do you have a impulse tester with a line release function? If you do, check whether there is a pulse.

The battery might be flat and would require a fair amount of shaking to get it running again, unless you have a kinetic charger.

Oh yes, was the watch working before you took out the stem?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2023 at 2:16 PM, HectorLooi said:

Why did you remove the stem?

What else did you do after removing the stem?

Do you have a impulse tester with a line release function? If you do, check whether there is a pulse.

The battery might be flat and would require a fair amount of shaking to get it running again, unless you have a kinetic charger.

Oh yes, was the watch working before you took out the stem?

I removed the stem because it looked bent when I span it. turned out it wasn't bent, put it back in and it stopped ticking.

yes it has a pulse and second hand only moves when stem pulled out to change the date (first notch out)

Renewed the battery/capacitor.

yes it was fine before pulling out the stem.

On 10/20/2023 at 12:45 PM, Nucejoe said:

Does your watch have a hack complication?  if so and the keyless is stuck in hack, the circuitry is on, but hands don't move.

Welcome to the forum, pal.

Thank you for your reply. The watch does have a hack, the second hand would normally stop when you change the time.

my gut feeling is I have knocked out the clutch, but I am not experienced enough to attempt to disassemble.