Hello from Germany

LarsW

Hi, my name is Lars, from Germany and quiet new in this hobby, but not new in mechanical things. So I'm building model steam engines as well as electronics and really like to repair old things and building new parts for it.  Currently I'm "fighting" with an old German pocket watch, that don't go as I like.  I already found one issue and and made an new part for this "setting rocker"

20220118_195939.jpg

20220130_074448.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum. We all look forward to your contributions and continued involvement.  This might be helpful for you.  704789946_TZIllustratedGlossary(2).pdf
    • I take it that you're comment re the Unicorn is 'tongue-in-cheek'? Would any of the watches that are on the link I posted be likely to be radium watches? What period was that prevalent in and when did the practice stop?
    • As much as I hate Facebook, can a forum-like place be set up on there? Free and the ownership can be taken over by the next person whenever.
    • I existed before the term mechatronics engineer existed. I had to combine electricity, electronics, pneumatics, hydraulics and computing just to keep my own equipment working. I have never sub contracted any of my own repairs to the suppliers because I know I could do a better job. For a long time, dental suppliers in my country would bring their dead equipment to me that their own engineers cannot handle. I have accidentally embarrassed a couple of hospital heads of engineering by demonstrating their inadequacy.  I think mechatronics is the most under-appreciated, under valued of all the engineering sciences. I had a part-time dental assistant about 25 years ago, who was studying mechatronics in the polytechnic. She was absolutely clueless about the job prospects for a mechatronics engineer. I asked her about her aspirations and she replied that she really wanted to work in the games industry.  In our dental profession, equipment have evolved from simple mechanical to electro-mechanical to logic-driven electro-mechanical and currently to computer driven machines.  The medical equipment suppliers who employ mechanical engineers and/or mechanical engineers cannot cope with the repairs of the newer equipment. And many times end up changing whole modules and whole machines just because they cannot repair them. But I think HR is afraid to employ a mechatronics engineer just because they don't know what a mechatronics engineer does. Mechatronics is much more fun. It combines almost all of the engineering sciences and produces an all-rounded engineer. But until HR changes their mindset, not all door will be open.
    • Welcome Tarheel, there is a lot of help on this forum...