New hobby..

Jaspz

Hi all, Cornishman living in the middle of France- I’m becoming rapidly interested in collecting watches! I’m going through an old box and I’ve pulled out a watch I’ve loved for many years but is currently out of action. It’s a Pepsi bezel Seiko scuba- heavily worn and loved- my daily watch years ago. I serviced it a while back but frustratingly lost the shoulder piece that connects the strap to body- spoke to Seiko UK this morning and they basically told me it’s scrap as the part is discontinued! I love this old watch and want to bring it back as my ‘work watch’ I gather the part might be somewhat universal but my confidence in ‘taking a punt’ on something probably unsuitable is lacking. Any advice appreciated! TIA Jasper 

42798165-AC91-4051-838C-27A6D3327CF6.jpeg

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Jaspz said:

Any advice appreciated! 

Bracelet folded end piece. Almost universal, they may need a bit of filing and curving to be adapted. Your local watch shop may have some, or on look Ebay, Aliexpress, etc, you can get a solid links new bracelet with solid links for little money. Or a cheap broken watch with a jubiller bracelet. If you don't like the clasp you can carry your one over, etc.

Welcome to the forum Jasper.

I have a very similar issue with my Seiko. The bracelet had the regrettable habit of the link screws undoing themselves when I was riding my pushbike as a teenager. I got a new bracelet for the watch, but it was not genuine. I cannot find the original bracelet and don't know if it is all in the boxes that came from my fathers house when he passed away.

I wish I could find a genuine bracelet for it or something that I could modify to get back the look of the bracelet folded end pieces/wings. Whatever you want to call them.