Master destroyer of all sorts of clocks and watches

gotj

Hello. Good day.

When I was a child I used to service my parents' clocks as a hobby, most of the times always with disastrous results I have to say. 45 years later I'm going to return to my old ways.

Yesterday I discovered that those tiny incabloc lyre springs like to fly far away when grabbed with the tweezers. Shouldn't have been out of its hinge to begin with, I know. The tweezers make a tiny "click" sound when it escapes and... oh well.

I love Mark's videos, everything seems so easy!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gotj said:

Yesterday I discovered that those tiny incabloc lyre springs like to fly far away when grabbed with the tweezers. Shouldn't have been out of its hinge to begin with, I know. The tweezers make a tiny "click" sound when it escapes and... oh well.

Thank you for your friendly introduction and welcome here.
It's always better to read or watch before doing. You would have found that is better to lift minute parts with Rodico, and work inside a clear bag on anything that may ping away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gotj said:

I love Mark's videos, everything seems so easy!

Of course, I can't speak on behalf of Mark, but let me assure you, for most of us it is an acquired skill to various degrees. Anyway, welcome to a world of endless learning and fascination, deep frustration and (sometimes) equally deep satisfaction.

• Like 1