Just joined from Toronto

robmack

Hi,

I came across Watch Repair Talk through searching Google for timegraphers.  The thread on this site that caught my interest had to do with Watch-O-Scope.  I've been collecting watches for several years and concentrate my collecting interests in two areas -- vintage pocket watches and wristwatches from 40's/50's/60's.  I'm very much an amateur and have little experience but great enthusiasm.  I love to tinker and learn. Electronics is my hobby hobby, and with designing and building using Surface Mount Devices (SMD) I have to work on my projects very much like working on watch mechanisms.  I'm looking forward to participating in the forums.

- Robert

Welcome Robert. Enjoy the forum, Timegraphs & software built or purchased to measure a watches performance are a common debate on the friendly forum. Vintage watches is also very popular here with many.  Post pics of your collection so we can all drool. Enjoy.

Hello Robert,

Welcome to the forum from another tinkerer.  I also enjoyed making the watch o scope amplifier and it worked with help from  Stefan.  I then had a birthday coming up and received a timegrapher rendering the work a bit redundant.  I also made a variable power supply to use with my Accutrons courtesy of the Accutron Site.  I would like to point out that my knowledge is very basic but I enjoyed making the units from the circuit diagrams.

The help I received from Stefan was typical of help I have received since joining this forum where you are made welcome and given a helping hand if it is needed and at some stage I am sure you will be able to reciprocate.

Cheers,

Vic

Hello Robert and welcome. Like yourself I also collect and repair vintage watches form as early as possible finding the parts is sometimes frustrating but when you do seeing that balance wheel spin into life makes it all worth while. I look forward to seeing some of your projects.

Mick

Thank you all very kindly for the welcome.  I am looking forward to participating and sharing information as I can.  My collection is quite modest.  Some of it is inherited, some gifts and others are spontaneous purchases.  Amongst those I have include a Hamilton 992 railroad pocket watch, a Revue Thommen Cricket "Presidents" watch, Bucherer (my father's watch), Wittnauer, Gruen, several Waltham and Elgin pocket watches.