Unexpected Pawn Shop find...

I dropped by the local pawn shop today to see if they had anything I might be interested in . I have bought a few watched from them in the past and traded Seiko divers with the guy once .  I had traded a refurbished Seiko 6309-7290 diver for this scuzzy looking Seiko 6105-8110....pic from before and after I worked on it .....

Screen shot 2016-04-09 at 4.07.01 PM.png

Today The guy said he haven't brought in anything he thought I might be interested in . We were shooting the breeze and I showed him the Omega Speedmaster I was wearing when he says , "hang on , I have a watch in the back I have to tag and put on the shelf . "

Shut Up...he brings out this watch I had been looking at for a while on ebay , and as much as I like them they always seemed to be too overpriced and overvalued for me to pull the trigger . Now I had one in my hands . I asked what they were asking for it and he shows me the tag for $396.00 , but then says , "I'll let you have it for $200.00 ."

I'll take it says I.  A Junghans Max Bill design automatic Model #027/4700..

DSC00043.JPG

DSC00045.JPG

• Like 2

that's it! i'm moving to hawaii!

all i can say is "holy crap!!" those are incredible finds! i have always liked the junghans max bill. very clean looking and the right size.

and the 6105....OMG. you just don't find them around like that. and to trade for a "lesser" seiko makes it really special. nice job, louis.

Wooo! That's a nice  clean looking watch design...all dial with hardly any case showing. I've always liked that in a watch and it's not seen much these days. I don't really know what these are supposed to go for, but I'm guessing the price you paid is very good, yes? Wear it well.

JC

1 minute ago, noirrac1j said:

...all dial with hardly any case showing. I've always liked that in a watch

JC

my words exactly. i have an old benrus auto that looks the same - tons of dial with almost no case. it's a great look.

• Like 1

Thank You WileyDave . While the Seiko diver and the Max Bill are the best pawn shop finds for me to date , I recently took a trip to the mainland and picked up 3 other watches in pawn shops....

The Citizen Americas Cup watch I picked up in California . They were asking $120 with no battery and I offered the shop $75 and an exchange if I put a battery in and it didn't work . They agreed to that so I located a battery , Installed it , and all the functions worked . The watch is from 1992 and has the original watchband .

In Denver at another pawn shop I picked up this clean working Lord Elgin for $10 , and this clean Seiko 7T62 chronograph for $56 with the same exchange condition I had with the Citizen in California .

DSC00041.JPG

• Like 1

On 10/04/2016 at 10:18 PM, ricardopalamino said:

DSC00041.JPG

centre watch is the Lord Elgin Cranbrook from 1954, originally sold for $71.50. I haven't seen any advertising with the diamonds on the dial,  so assume that is after market replacement.  great buy for $10.

Edited by diveboy