My Absence

Hi everyone,

It's ages since I last posted. Probably about Sept. 2014 when I had a very nasty accident whilst cycling on a cycle lane in Worthing, West Sussex.

Somehow I managed to collide with another cyclist and landed head first on a lump of concrete. Stupidly I wasn't wearing a safety helmet.

I was air lifted to St. Georges Hospital in London, where I stayed for a week and to cut a long story short I have needed further Hospital treatment since.

I have recovered and I'm now more or less back to normal, thanks to wonderful help from The Air Ambulance, Police, Doctors and Nurses.

Needless to say I now have a helmet.

I'm now back with the watches and will be posting again shortly.

Bye the way thanks to the WRT staff for the E-mail dated 20/01/16.

Regards,

Richard.

Hi Richard - well, very sorry to hear about your accident - and very glad to hear you're getting back to normal!

I live in Henfield and occasionally venture to the wilds of Worthing. Obviously a dangerous place without a helmet!

Regards,

Will

Hello Richard,

Welcome back and it is good to hear from you again. 

Sounds like you have had a rough time of it and thank heavens for the Air Ambulance which is a great Service. The Great North Air Ambulance do valuable work where I live, incredible that they have to rely upon Charitable funding to exist at all.

All the best,

Vic