Cheap Pegwood

A while ago in another posting I mentioned that I was getting some "Cuticle Sticks" as used by manicurists etc.

My research had indicated that they are made from orange wood ie the same as our pegwood !

I have received them from the bay and total cost for a pack of 100 was £1.99 (with free P&P as well).  They are 4½ inches or about 115 mm long, chamfered at one end and pointed at the other and seem to fit the bill.  Just the right length for my hand.

post-197-0-50571400-1456406162_thumb.jpg

Just thought I would share - if you are thinking about getting some make sure orange wood is mentioned in the description.

Cheers,

Vic

• Like 6

A trace for "100 Pcs nail art orange wood sticks" from uk suppliers may be fruitful ramrod or pm me. I checked my skewers Folkvisor but mine are bamboo so I am unsure if they will have the same properties as orange wood. It's all a bit of fun really, last time I bought 4 mm peg wood from a "proper" supplier it cost me more than 3 times what I just paid and there was a postage charge.

Next I am going out into the nature reserve near me to check out the Elder trees so I can take the pith

Cheers,

Vic

Can confirm that the stuff I got has turned out to be excellent, sharp points on all 100 and no apparent substandard wood. Perhaps it is because of the original intended use in manicuring the quality was kept high.

Cheers,

Vic