Who Thinks This Is Fair?

i won an auction on ebay two days ago. it was for a bergeon 4040 movement holder. it was a buy it now for $14.99 this morning the seller refunded my money and said it should have been an auction STARTING at $14.99.

i'm rather pissed off about it.

i don't think it's fair. it's not like they listed a mega dollar item wrong.

he gave me positive feedback. and it wasn't an auction - it was a buy it now. i snapped it up right away. dayum. i wanted that holder at that price.

i wasn't sure of the rules in this situation. i had it happen once before on a motorcycle part. only if i remember, they gave me back more that i paid originally. there was a guilt factor, i guess.

he gave me positive feedback. and it wasn't an auction - it was a buy it now.

Auction or or buy it now (a listing can be both) doesn't matter, final fee is 10% and he'll have to pay it. Evidently he thinks he can get more, some people is greedy for pennies.

Think we all have fell foul to some of the quirks on the bay, I agreed a buy it now price with a seller, they changed  the listing to the amount and before I clicked the Buy it now button someone else snapped it up!...it was no more than seconds!. The seller had to sell it to them..

Edited by ash145

From your description of the eBay transaction, it sounds to me as though the seller made a genuine mistake and cancelled the transaction on that basis. He obviously filled in the wrong box - or, more likely, edited a previous sales item and forgot to edit it completely. I've done this myself as a seller in the past - but luckily caught it in time before the sale went live.

He had nothing to gain from making it a BIN item if he didn't want to sell it at that price in the first place, so it sounds like a mistake to me. Unfortunate for you. I don't think he deserves negative feedback - just one of those things that happens occasionally. Put it down to experience and start again - that's my advice.

Cheers,

Will