How just how????

Well whilst working out some other issues on another project I thought I’d make a start on this rather Handsome pocket watch “H Samuels” with the climax trip.
Have not for a date for this one as haven’t done full research on it yet, but whilst taking it apart I come across the canon pinion...........

How, just how can you do that much damage to something and leave it in place? Now I’m going to continue on the strip and clean etc but that’s beyond repair and needs replacing, the hunt begins unless just maybe one of you good fellows might just have one in a spares box that might be exchanged for some tokens of the beer kind?? Just asking 

0C4ACC63-EC57-49FE-911D-F390AE8D1A1A.jpeg

F11EE518-764A-477B-9FCE-779DC4A7D399.jpeg

DEB13552-9FA9-46BF-A517-8A219636F016.jpeg

• Confused 1

I was wondering: were *you* able to remove the canon pinion?  Because, by the look of the picture, a gorilla was not able to.  :)

re the inscription: first name is John (that was easy).  Last name might be Tremere, or Tremiere.  I have some forensic science background but I'm still just guessing here. Man, that's tiny!

• Haha 1

ENHANCE!

First letter: I, F, or possibly T

Second letter drops, so that's gotta be either P or Q, and looks pretty solidly like a Q with the body to the left.

English (assumed from John as the first name) practically requires a U to follow a Q, and an I typically after that.

The next section is very difficult, but the last letter goes high, making it an h, k, l, or t. There looks to be something to the right of the high part, so I'm going like H or K

So... Iquimork... OK... I tried.

• Thanks 1

We can rule out John  Hancock. The  gentleman  who placed his signature on our declaration  of independence  in deference  to King George. He wanted him to be able to read it without his spectacles. That watch was previously  mangled.Perhaps by Gorilla  Monsoon.Can we  get some better shots  of the movement.?

Here’s some shots of the movement, it’s all back together at the moment and running strong, only lost 3 mins in 12 hours so I’m happy with that, even with that canon pinion, which I shall find a replacement for.

I had another post a while back asking for information on the “ climax trip action” a few that answered said it was to do with the case but I’m not sure. 
If you look at the top plate there is a wheel mounted on a yoke by two screws, one screw is fixed the other allows the yoke to move by a few mm via an elongated screw hole.
you will notice a silver spring bar screwed to the plate which in turn locates under the wheel in a groove, of which there are two, not dissimilar to a setting lever.

Now all I can see is that the wheel provides an interface for the barrel and then to pass the power to the train, I have no idea why it should be allowed to move or why, I can only assume that this piece of the movement is the “climax trip action” as I have never seen it on another movement.

10F07FAB-1454-4B09-AF5F-F46EE4B5D98E.jpeg

83FE3C3A-C579-442E-98B4-AF8EDDC079FE.jpeg

04F1F827-6083-4188-B2A6-3D2B96DF66F3.jpeg

• Like 1