Watch winding stem

Yehoo

Hi every one,

i have Akribos XXIV Men's AKR451SS Bravura Mechanical Dual Time Skeleton that the stem broken and crown is losted some how, stem has broken from very end of threads so can not be attach to stem extension, last bit was stuck inside the movement, i have been searching around  to find the replacement stem but as much as i am looking i get nothing, i did contact akribos watch company also they asked for the watch details but there after no respond any more, i dont mind the crown but stem is really needed to make the watch run again, i am hopeless now, if there is any one who can help with that please do so, if any one can make watch stem also please let me know. Thanks

So googling your watch I did find the company but I can see they were too many help. One of the problems with companies claiming to make watches is they really don't make them themselves they just sell them. So that means they have zero spare parts for anything. So if you Google watch you find it to 17 jewel 9730 hand wind which seems almost useless. Then to track down the movement becomes more interesting as the only reference to it seems be back to the watch you have almost of no help.

So did find a catalog of movements page 5 appears to be the one you have. The problem with Chinese movements will be getting a part perhaps. It would be nice if you could get the stem out so we could see it and measure it. The reason is looking at the movement disregarding all the complications vaguely looks like a clone of a Swiss movement. On the same page just below this movement is 9211 looks vaguely like a eta 6497 so if you're lucky perhaps it uses the same stem.

http://www.ptsresources.com/beta2/movement/catalog.pdf

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&ETA_6497_1

• Like 2

Yehoo - you can find details of the dimensions of stems from this site:

http://www.windingstems.com, and even search by 2 of the key dimensions: http://www.windingstems.com/windingstems.php?dim_A=90

None of these look like a perfect match, but you may wish to compare your measurements more carefully.

Alternatively, you could Email customer support at PTS (nice lead Johnr725), with your photos and ask if they can supply a stem.

http://www.ptsresources.com/enquiry.htm

S

Jdm, i guess you did not look at the stem well, i made the same mistake myself before, if i attach extender to that bit then gap that needed to be lock with keyless work will disappear, there must be some gat there to keep the stem in otherwise when you like to set the time stem coming out easily, by the way i fallowed johnR745 advised and i ordered ETA 6497 stem which i think is going to fit my watch hopefuly. But thanks for thelp you guys are realy helptul.

• Like 1

So I was answering the question In the morning off to work then much later in the day realized that there's another reason why I was so familiar with the watch and that I do have a Chinese stem as I have a couple of Chinese movements left over from a project. So casually measuring I'm seeing just a few minor variations which could be the result of the difference between using a Vernier caliper and a micrometer. Usually when you're measuring anything small round and need precision a micrometer is the better way to go. So visually my stem appears to be identical except. In one place I suspect it's just a difference in measuring devices and it's only off by a very very tiny amount that you're never going to notice anyway.

The place where I am seeing a minor difference but it should not affect the watch is the slot with your dimension G is slightly wider. This is because the particular movement I have would've gone into a case with a push button to open the lid. Then the dramatic difference which is not unexpected is the diameter of the thread. I have a link below with the dimensions and tap sizes. There can be variations of stem sizes to fit different crowns. I would suggest waiting until you get your stem so that you can get the right crown tap size. So in my case I'm getting 1.19 mm and second watch I have 1.165 Which I'm assuming basically makes these both 1.2 mm.

http://blog.esslinger.com/stem-tap-mm-size-cross-reference-chart/

john you are right about the diameters on my drawing i am sure they are notvery a curet, as you said i will wait untill i receive it, it is coming from hong kong if did not fit to the watch then i will get back to you here and happily buy from you, i wish you could say that yesterday before i order, i am looking for this stem very long time trust me i had bought few stems that they did not fit, that,s why i am rushing to get it work again. 

• 2 weeks later...

to JohnR725,

i found some ETA 6497 winding stems that fit my watch very well, i just like to thank you for your advise and your help, you have been really helpful and because of you my watch runs again. 

Thanks mate

• Similar Content