My Evolving Shop

Nice light and spacious and I love the old fashioned desks and storage units. You have a lot of places where parts could disappear which must be a nightmare if you drop something or ping out of your tweezers. I would do something about that. Never use carpet you will never find parts in a carpet. I had the old fashioned lino flooring which today is called vinyl, I would go for that and make sure it's a nice and light plain cover if you have a pattern it might deceive your eyesight which could cause parts hard to spot also very easy to sweep up and keep clean

• Like 1

Thanks oldhippy!  I should say that my shop is in a very early stage of evolution.  One thing I'm going to do is build a "box" around my bench.  One of my instructors has done this in such a way that the bench itself is not harmed, modified or otherwise nailed.  At school we have these wonderful magnets on rollers..  They're about 10" wide and you can sweep large swaths of floor.  Gonna get one.  My school is more like a 19th century apprentice shop than a modern-day, laboratory-type watch work area.  I wish it were otherwise and I will eventually make my own workspace more "hygienic".  I've definitely got to look into linoleum./vinyl.

Great start... I like the pallet adjusted lathe chair!!! shows your creativity:biggrin:...nice bench too, you've got a lot more room than I do. ( I am jealous).. hope all is well with you (floods in WVa). Vote = No carpet!

• Like 1

floor;  here is my suggestion, "rolled vinal flooring"   (no seams)  and all corners  "coved".   you can buy this  wood coving  and nail it  into the  corners and  floor/wall edge.  roll the vinal (linoleum)  up the wall a foot or more.     the corners are tricky, but the old stuff could be hated and  formed a bit.   vinn

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...