Landed 2 Nice Seikos...

I like the silverwave dial and case but not sure on having the entire caseback text stamped into the bezel. Maybe just the model name?

I like the bezel stamping but never realized until I looked closer at this one all the info that is stamped on it .

I like the mesh band on it and the case resembles the Seiko 6139 chronograph "Helmet " or "Darth "Vader"..I've attached a pic of that model . 

Also , I like the Silverwave line . I have a few in quartz and automatic .

post-808-0-22387900-1439909777_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Those 6139's yours?

The Helmet is one of my mini grails along with a Pogue.

Yes they are . The one with the Herring bone bracelet was a basket case when I got it  . It took me a while to learn to learn how it works , put it together , and make the small adjustments to get it to work and reset properly . I picked the other one up recently for parts or repair...$56... A case tube for one of the pushers must have been replaced a little crooked , because the pusher got stuck each time you pushed it. I reamed and polished the inside of the pusher and it was good to go .

I've attached a pic of my Pogue . It's a water resist . They first came out with water proof , shortly after with water resist , and then no markings .

I've also attached some pics of a couple of other Seiko Silverwave models . I have some quartz models stashed away someplace .

post-808-0-61499400-1439941165_thumb.jpg

The Seiko 6139 - 6002 Water Resist "Pogue"....

post-808-0-83604200-1439941188_thumb.jpg

A Silverwave Ana-Digi....

post-808-0-72089200-1439941342_thumb.jpg

Silverwave Automatic.....

post-808-0-44373500-1439941382_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have one of those Silver Wave analog/digitals myself... Same model as yours. I bought it new, but have forgotten what year that was.

Gryf

Hi Gryf, is yours still working ? I got mine earlier this year for around $100 more or less .

You can get the production year and month by the serial number... I think the link below will tell you for most Seiko's with the 4 digit hyphen 4 digit = xxxx-xxxx = caliber - case #....and the serial # , both of which should be on the case back .

http://www.csce.uark.edu/~jgauch/photos/seiko/

Hi, Ricardo -

Yes, my Silver Wave analog/digital is still working like new. Funny though, when I traced the numbers using the site you mentioned, it came up as "unknown". FYI, the caliber/case numbers are H239-5040 and the serial is 0D1496. I notice now that the analog dial is very slightly different from yours. Aside from that, they appear to be identical.

Thanks for the reference,

Gryf

Hpwzit Gryf ,  OK then . That production calculator didn't work for our Seiko Digitalis [ I'm surprised ] , so here's another source that lists your model as 1980..

Have you got a pic ? I'd like to see it .........Laters , Louis

http://www.digital-watch.com/DWL/1work/seiko-h239-5040/

seiko_h239-5010

http://www.digital-watch.com/DWL