Hello, so much knowledge, yet so little time...

hi folks and hello from sunny Dundee, not two words that are commonly associated, but true nonetheless.  At the moment this is a bit of an interest that I'd very much hope to develop as far as I'm comfy with.  At present, I'm buying and selling older, mainly mechanical pieces, but sell a few quartz models too.  Still in the process of setting my website up, but I need an education in the realities of watch collection/repair/ sales.

I've had an interest in mainly mechanical watches for some time, but only now am I able to take my interest a bit further.  I'm also Autistic, just diagnosed in January this year at the age of 60...  I may get the wrong end of the stick sometimes when dealing with replies, so please bare with me, its not deliberate.

My two favourite pieces I have at present are my Rolex Datejust 1603 from 1973 and a Birch & Gaydon Land and Water trench watch with a Zenith number starting 311 equating to manufacture between 1935-38, so is an inter war model.

Currently working with Perth Council, but feel like im on a wind down, so to speak and looking forward to getting deeper into my interest over the next few years.

I have around 23 or 24 watches, a few I bought because I liked them, some others I bought specifically to sell on and hopefully swell my meagre Local Government retirement pot.

So, there we are, a brief run down of me as I am at present.

Anyone want to buy a watch??  

Frankie