Is my Grandfather's Rolex genuine ?

Hiya all, my Grandfather found another one of his watches but he is unaware if It is genuine as he was given it a while ago. Could anyone help identify whether this is genuine or not.

Many Thanks 

Jakob 20220521_152527.thumb.jpg.72f49ab9b61718da69ed34d25b0c3938.jpgScreenshot_20220521-153015_2Accounts.jpg.d574985c272d6efdf7a5e01f6d9519d1.jpg

Edited by SuperWatch

It used to be the easiest way to check for a fake Rolex was the date magnifier. An original Rolex would have the date practically filling the magnifier lens, a fake would only magnify it a bit (like on yours). Unfortunately the fakers can now make the magnifying part as good as Rolex so you really can't tell without opening it up.

Anilv

On 5/21/2022 at 7:35 PM, fjseal said:

The cyclops does not line up with the date window, which I think is a further clue.

Probably it does, but the picture has been taken at an angle. The reality of things is, people doesn't casually 'give' €15,000 watches, based on this fact one can tell is a fake even without looking at pictures.

Edited by jdm