Destroyed dial what are my options ?

14 hours ago, richiesgr said:

I'm asking what to do for a really destroyed dial of vintage SEIKO 7625E

That is one of the predecessors of the 7S25B, that is the date-only version of the ubiquitous 7S26. An original part is not impossible to be found, but likely excessively expensive, You can probably find a direct replacement after-market dial in the large offering for "Seiko modders", as it's the same size and they love no day or no calendar dials. 

• Thanks 1

These 7625 are not too common so if you see one with a good dial grab it. These early Seikos are really nice.

Worst case I would paint the dial and polish the markers and salvage a Seiko emblem from a later watch and stick that on. Fiddly but you've got nothing to loose. Alternative is to get someone to airbrush the edges and blend new paint in. The guys who do scale modelling can do amazing things with an airbrush,

Anilv

I have a similar condition dial from a 6106.  The previous owner tried to remove the Seiko emblem from behind.  It looks to me, like the feet of the emblem and markers are staked, peened or otherwise compressed into the holes and they will not come out.  I'm sure the dial refinish pros have some tricks to remove them.  I tried to airbrush the dial after carefully masking each hour marker and the emblem.  It's not easy.  I lost the sunburst effect and paint around the markers is too thin.  They have to come off to restore the radial finish and get the paint to lay flat.  My dial was beyond gone and I had nothing to lose.  Learned a lot.  Like send it out to a good refinisher if you want it to look right.  

I have seen these dials on Yahoo Japan but I haven't looked for a 7625 for some time.  The going rate for a grey dial scared me off quickly.  The silver dials are more common and more affordable.  Those grey dials are really good looking dials. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi update,

By the end to not just  throw the watch I've ordered a Chinese dial who of course don't have any relation to the original dial but at least something.

I've tried to negotiate for an original dial on internet but the seller was selling the full watch (I need only the dial) at 100$ !?!

Anyway I post the dial I bought just to give an idea 

IMG_20220119_172830__01.jpg