dangerousDabbler

New Member + Dial-fitting question!

Hi WRT community!

Full-time graduate student and aspiring amateur watch-tinker-er here. My first watch was a quartz victorinox gifted from my grandma when I was 12 years old and thus began a (so-far) life-long appreciation for watches of all kinds.

I have only recently started tinkering with watches myself - trying to repair some old Seiko movements from ebay - and came across this forum a few months ago. I am currently amidst my first foray into building a watch using various parts from ebay, and was hoping I could mine the wealth of wisdom here for some advice before I pull the trigger on a watch case. My question is this: I have a 33.5 mm watch dial, and the case I am interested in fits a 33 mm dial normally. Given the 0.5mm discrepency between the case and dial, would I still be able to fit my dial into the case? Or is it better to find a case made for a 33.5 mm dial?

Looking forward to learning more from you all, and growing this hobby!

Best,

Dave

41 minutes ago, dangerousDabbler said:

My question is this: I have a 33.5 mm watch dial, and the case I am interested in fits a 33 mm dial normally. Given the 0.5mm discrepency between the case and dial, would I still be able to fit my dial into the case? Or is it better to find a case made for a 33.5 mm dial?

Without access to the case in question, it becomes a matter of probability.
The dial will probably fit, however it might not.
Given that is the situation, you then have to ask, is it worth the risk.

That I suspect depends on whether you could either return  the undersized case, or use it for another project.
If you want to eliminate the risk, you could of course ask the seller to measure the case and let you know the exact dimensions.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Greybeard
      Hi everyone I am very new to watch repair inspired by Marks vids thanks to jdm for his help and advice I look forward to learning and sharing with you all 
    • By canthus
      Came across this E*** site whilst trawling for stuff.  Thought it may be useful to others.  They have some nice bits of quality parts etc for sale. Swiss based.
      http://stores.ebay.co.uk/SWISS-MADE-TIME/_i.html?rt=nc&_sid=28442601&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=1
      Anybody want to try this out!!!
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ETA-2824-2-CREATIVE-2-LAYER-Dial-34-3mm-WHITE-/131380565718?hash=item1e96e456d6

• By thinkbruno
      I have plenty of vintage watch dials that need a cleaning.  But I am scared to ruin them can anyone help me ?

Thank you
      Bruno