Hi there just started with my first watch its a Bulova Vintage Chronograpf with a Lemania 872 movenment

so got the caseback off and the stem out and the 2 screws holding the movement in place and the bottoms on each side of the stem 

but for some weird reason the movement wont leave the case

pls. help

Best Flemming

Hi and welcome to the forum.   Some times although the back comes off you need to remove the bezel and glass together and the the movement will lift out the front.  Not having pictures of the watch to look at. Check round the bezel for an indent or marks from a previous repairer which will indicate it is removaable.

1 hour ago, Flemmingthewatch said:

Hi there just started with my first watch its a Bulova Vintage Chronograpf with a Lemania 872 movenment

Lemania chrono? first attempt to service.?     You are a brave man.

Welcome to the forum.

Regs 

Joe

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
12 hours ago, Flemmingthewatch said:

but for some weird reason the movement wont leave the case

Always nice if you give us a photograph. Otherwise we get to use our imagination of what you're describing and the answers will probably not be very helpful so we really need a picture or two or three.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• I have a Factory new old stock Pallet fork complete.  So the entire fork is new.  When it is running, it remains running in all positions and only varies +- 4 seconds.  It runs at 0s in DU and DD, and +-4 seconds from 0s in PU PD PR PL.  Once it is running, it stays running.  The pallet fork had some excess shellac on the tip of one of the stones, but I cleaned that off with a bit of alcohol and and a small foam paint brush (being careful not to get any alcohol on the shellac holding the stones in place) That did not change anything.   Its a double roller so it is hard to see the guard pin.  I will check for clearance.  Both the upper and lower escape wheel jewels are perfectly round, and the pivots on the escape wheel are in good shape. No pock marks and not bent.  The upper and lower pivot jewels for the pallet fork are also in great shape. Perfectly round. Neither have any pronounced side shake.  The pivots on the NOS fork are shiny and new.  (I have a Spencer A/O stereo microsocpe) I am a bit worried that I may need to reposition the pallet stones and it is possible that they are over locking enough to keep it from staring, but not enough to stop it from running.     I will try to get some pics of the lock and drop.  
    • The watch looks great. I love the typeface for the indices! Floor looks pretty good too!
    • A small but mighty achievement. Well done and thanks for sharing.
    • Excellent project and I am looking forward to furthers posts.
    • It's a mix of equipment and technique. For getting a finish free of microscratches on stainless steel, I use loose 4" cotton wheels and the Menzerna family of compounds. I step down from blue (if needed) to pink to yellow to white. In between each step, clean the case with a steamer or an ultrasonic cleaner. You can get true mirror polishing, with no swirls or scratches under a 10x loupe and raking light, this way. An underappreciated side of this level of polishing is contamination. Different grits shouldn't be used on the same wheel, or course, but think also about your fingers, how the piece is cleaned and wiped down, and so on. A fine finish will be scratched if a piece is wiped or dried with something that has old compound residue on it.