Hi New member here, my Forum name is dreadnought (first submarine I served on) so I would remember my name on here.

dreadnought

I used to tinker with the odd watch years ago but gave it up when my wife died 5 years ago, that is till my Son gave me his Casio 2273 for new batteries, new batteries in but pushers did not work,  While looking on the net for help I came across the watch repair course with Mark, took about 10 seconds to decide to enroll, took a week to get some new tools from Cousins and Amazon and here we are.  I am 67 years old so I do not have a life time to gain knowledge, Im afraid that I will be picking your brains for a time, that is till I feel confident to do a post and put my penny worth in.  Any way thank you in advance.

22 minutes ago, dreadnought said:

I used to tinker with the odd watch years ago but gave it up when my wife died 5 years ago, that is till my Son gave me his Casio 2273 for new batteries, new batteries in but pushers did not work,  While looking on the net for help I came across the watch repair course with Mark, took about 10 seconds to decide to enroll, took a week to get some new tools from Cousins and Amazon and here we are.  I am 67 years old so I do not have a life time to gain knowledge, Im afraid that I will be picking your brains for a time, that is till I feel confident to do a post and put my penny worth in.  Any way thank you in advance.

Welcome aboard!

Being a submariner you are already familiar with two things: water-tightness integrity and radiation. So, why not to start working on waterproof watches with radium 226 dial and hands?

Dolphin Code 35

Edited by Poljot

Welcome.  Never fear.  A few of us are not exactly spring chickens ourselves.  But here we are, doing what we love.  Don't worry how long it may take to learn things.  If you enjoyed every minute, then it was time well spent.  I have always loved tinkering with timepieces, for as far back as I can remember (and I mean that; as a little kid I used some of Dad's tools to take apart my mom's alarm clock to see how it worked...and I got it back together and running and she was none the wiser and I have not told her to this day).  Heaven help me, but I love how these mechanical devices can measure the intangible.  It fires the imagination to watch them do their thing.